Tricia Dishes

Monday, July 27, 2009

Sad News at the Reid house

I had been noticing that Campbell, my beautiful and huge tabby cat, had been acting strange lately. In fact, I didn't even see him for a couple of days. Then I found his hidey hole. Last night I couldn't get him down to eat or anything. Today, I go down there and he is dead, on the counter, not a mark on him, his eyes wide open, just like he was perfectly normal. I have wondered what I would do if and when a cat dies and today I got to find out. I put him in a box and took him to the vet's office to take care of him, since I can't dig a big enough hole in my backyard. I am very sad. He was a calendar kitty, just absolutely gorgeous. Of all of the cats to go, he was one of the ones I thought would live the longest. He was twelve and a half years old, though, so he did live a long life.
So, that is my news today. Pretty Cammy crossed the Rainbow Bridge into heaven. And I believe pets go to heaven because they are so loving on earth and are so loved by their owners. He is probably with David, don't you imagine? I do.
OKay, talk to y'all later.

3 Comments:

  • At Monday, July 27, 2009, Blogger Erica said…

    Daddy is totally going "CaaAAmmpbell. CaaaaAAmmmpbell" right now, and probably even carrying him around.

    I am so sorry, Mama. I'll miss that beautiful little booger.

     
  • At Monday, July 27, 2009, Anonymous gigi said…

    Hey Trish. So sorry to hear about your beautiful cat. Erica is right.He's is really good hands now.

     
  • At Thursday, July 30, 2009, Blogger Marian Love Phillips said…

    So sorry to hear about your cat...Campbell did live a good life...it's always sad when we lose our animals. Hugs!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home