Tricia Dishes

Saturday, January 24, 2009

I'm still here!


Hello, everyone. I am still here. I hope that everyone is reading Erica's blog where she is transcribing my dad's memoirs. It is fascinating! I would love to talk to him about it and find out other things that he did. It's amazing, isn't it, that we have to go to work and go about our business and then poof! You're gone and it's over. I don't want my life to be like that, nor do I want any of yours to be like that, but what can you do? With today's economy, who can just do what they want to do, to be with family, or go somewhere and create memories to TELL the next generation!!!!! I was watching something last night and when a character asked another character when her husband had died, she said "fourteen years but it seems like day before yesterday". That is the honest truth. My dad has been gone since October 1994, but reading the memoirs, it feels just like he is there, telling the story. And of course, it seems like five minutes ago that David passed away but do you know it has been almost fourteen months???!!! I find that unbelievable.
The cat situation around here has gotten worse. I have two old cats, the mother and daughter, who pee on everything. The worst is that they pee on the stove. Now I am no gourmet cook and I haven't been eating much of anything but microwave pancakes, but occasionally I will heat up a can of soup. Ah, then there is the wonderful cat pee smell, even though I have cleaned it up with 409 or something. I think I am going to get a plastic bottle with a bleach mixture, it may be better. Oh, in fact, I just heard the cat jump down. Let me go check. Well, good, she was just checking out her spot for me to wake up to tomorrow!!!!!
Yesterday was seventy degrees. Today was cold. But yesterday afternoon, I actually sunbathed! Mainly just my face. It felt so good. I am ready for spring and even summer since I missed all of that last year. My jaw is better, but I have days when I can hardly talk. The doc is still giving me medicine but I think time is going to be the major thing that gets it gone. I'm ready to see it in the rearview mirror!!!!
Well, I am going to bed now. Take care!!!

1 Comments:

  • At Sunday, January 25, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tricia
    You may want to get FON (Feline Odor Neutralizer)
    from your vet. I have a friend with 10 cats and she
    has mentioned this product.

    I hope it works.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home