Tricia Dishes

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Well, I am back, folks.....

This is going to be a short post, but I wanted to let everyone know that I am home from the hospital. I got home Tuesday afternoon, but since I was in agonizing pain and couldn't talk, I didn't want to have to explain everything to everyone, ya know? And my typing skills have gotten worse, so that is weird. I hope that is just a side effect that will improve, but hey, it could be worse.
Dr. John Norton, a neurologist from Jackson, diagnosed me with tardive dyskensia, kind of a drug induced Parkinson's disease. It may not go away. I hope it does, though, because it has been the lowest part of my life, even lower than David's death, because I have been so helpless, not being able to talk and the pain. In fact, it just makes me admire David even more, and that seems impossible!!! I already admire him gagillion times gagillion times!!!!!
Anyway, I am going to have a case worker come to the house to help me with stuff. Christopher is still here, thank God. Erica was here for a week and a half and I do not know what I would have done without her. Today, though, after yesterday's doctor visit, was the first day that I actually did not have a facial spasm and I could talk (well, this afternoon!)! So, the doctor upped my meds, so that must have helped. I just pray it continues to get better. I have high apple pie in the sky hopes!!! Whoops, there goes another very bad cat.......*
Speaking of cats, I am going to be fairly ruthless. I think I am going to give about 8 cats to GOOD homes, so if you want a fixed, sweet cat, let me know. I HAVE GOT to take care of myself now, so having only 15 cats will really cut down on my work. Seriously.
Celia, that is awesome about the acknowledgement. AND congrats to the new grandma-to- be over in Louisiana. I still want you coming over though!!!!!!
Well, I had better go to bed. I have to hit the sack pretty early these days, which is just fine with me.
I love all of you and I appreciate your prayers and concerns. And Frank, things hit the fan when you left that message a few weeks ago. Things are still screwed up with insurance, so do what you have to do! They have GOT to figure it out eventually!!!
Love y'all!!

*The song "High Hopes". WE had to sing it in choir in the 10th grade and I always have like it. Of course, I "catted it up"!! Nighty night night!!

6 Comments:

  • At Sunday, May 11, 2008, Blogger Brandi. said…

    Much, much love. I'm happy to hear that you're back. I, too, have high hopes that you will have a quick recovery.

     
  • At Sunday, May 11, 2008, Blogger Erica said…

    It is Tardive Dyskinesia.

    not to be too annoying...

     
  • At Sunday, May 11, 2008, Blogger artgirlkel said…

    Chuck and I are so thrilled that you're back home! We've been praying constantly for you. We will continue! God bless you Tricia! You're an inspiration!
    Kelly

     
  • At Monday, May 12, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hooray! I have not called because I didn't want to bother Chris; I know he has been busy. I am so glad you are on the road to recovery. Daddy said he saw you at the grocery store Saturday, but you were already checking out, so he talked to Chris for a minute. Call me when you can talk, ok? I love you and miss you so much! Cheryl

     
  • At Tuesday, May 13, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back, tiger! You've been through so much, but your lovely sense of humor keeps on a kickin'! Take care of yourself and I'm SO glad you're doing better.
    -Rebecca Rine-Stone

     
  • At Wednesday, May 14, 2008, Anonymous WonderGirl said…

    Yay, Trish is back! Still thinking of and praying for ya. Hope your blog will continue to be a therapeautic tool for you. We miss ya.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home