Tricia Dishes

Monday, May 19, 2008

The newest thing....


So, for most of my married life, I got "hand me down" furniture. With kids, that was great. I mean, we had brick and board bookshelves for 25 years, what is wrong with taking used furniture? I really never had a problem with it.
Today, however, I went to a furniture store and I bought a blue double chair, with a huge ottoman, and the guy just threw in this gorgeous beaded pillow for me. Now, yes, I got doctor bills today that totalled over a thousand dollars. But I do not care. I haven't bought much new furniture and life is short, dammit, and I needed that chair! So they will bring it here around Thursday, which works out good because Matthew and I are going to clean in the living room, take the valances down, wash them, and switch them so there will be more matching. It will be positively patriotic!!!! I will just have to pretend the green rug in there is blue. I can do it, my imagination can just work some overtime!!!
All in all, other than being tired after trying to walk a couple of blocks, I have had a good day. I just think I am going to beat this thing, seriously! But I am exhausted and need to hit the sack now, so, goodnight everyone!!!

3 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, May 20, 2008, Anonymous Sara and Faelyn said…

    Tricia! You are an amazing woman, and dang if I dont think you will look awesome perched on your brand new furniture! You are in our hearts and minds always! Much Love!

     
  • At Tuesday, May 20, 2008, Blogger Ashley said…

    You are so funny with your cat pics- I thought you might enjoy this site-
    http://icanhascheezburger.com/

    Its pretty funny!

    PS- I am a friend of Erica's- found your site a while back...

     
  • At Saturday, May 24, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just caught up on your postings! SO glad you're back home and you treated yourself to a red leather couch. You sexy thang! Take care!
    -Rebecca Rine-Stone

     

Post a Comment

<< Home