Tricia Dishes

Sunday, May 18, 2008

I HAVE LOST MY MIND, OR WHAT'S LEFT OF IT!!!


OKay, you know I bought a bathing suit, online, which in itself is kind of dumb, but I did it. So what did I do yesterday? Let's get a little backstory first:
October 1999 we moved into this house, but the furniture that we had was extremely gross and ratty. So, new house, new living room furniture. NO WHERE is there furniture that we liked, and ones we liked? Yep, couldn't afford them. So, we ended up going to a store, which is now closed (Hey! What about my warranty?) Anyway, within a couple of weeks, we could tell we did NOT like the couch and love seat. Too bad, the store people told us. IN their defense, I did get a dining table, two lamps, a coffee table, and two end tables and I still have quite an affection for them! But the couch and love seat. What a suckfest they turned out to be. Now, lets cut ahead a few years and David gets cancer and every time he sits on the couch, it really hurts his back. Of course we did not know the cancer was in his spine, but dang it, it hurts MY back, too! But it is too cancer reminiscent,you know.
So, with my "stimulus package" (Is it me or does that just sound very vulgar?)on its way eventually, I decided I wanted a new couch. I went to a high end resale shop and there it was, a chorus of angels, singing in perfect harmony. I bought a RED LEATHER COUCH!!! Now everyone has been warning me about the cats. Yes, they are going to be a problem but I think I will just cut their nails WAY up, or as close as I can, and with a couch blanket on it, maybe, just maybe, they will leave it alone. YEs, I know that is just wishful thinking!!!!! And David would NEVER have bought a red leather couch, so this is a big change for me. I am just so excted about it!!
And, yesterday, May 17, would have been my 33rd wedding anniversary, so hey, a couch is what you get on your 33rd if you have lost your husband. THat's my new rule. Shoot, I got a chain link fence for the dogs for my 25th! It was silver!!!
Okay, kind of loopy and can't see straight. Got to go let the medicine take affect.
Everyone have a great day! I am hoping to do so!!
LOve to everyone!!!!

5 Comments:

  • At Sunday, May 18, 2008, Blogger the cleaning lady said…

    I would LOVE a red leather couch. And so would my dog. And, thank you for getting something just for you. It's OK!!! And I'm going to come sit on it one of these days. (the couch, not you) Promise.

     
  • At Monday, May 19, 2008, Blogger Crescent said…

    I am so glad you are back. Reading your blog had become a part of my day and seeing you perking up a little and healing is really wonderful.

    enjoy your rock and roll couch!

     
  • At Monday, May 19, 2008, Blogger Paul said…

    Everyone should own a red leather couch at some point!

     
  • At Monday, May 19, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cool....red leather....
    am glad to see ya feelin better.
    I love you,
    Melody

     
  • At Tuesday, May 20, 2008, Blogger St. Elizabeth of Cayce said…

    Happy belated anniversary from friends of Chris & Katie. It's harder to commemorate anniversaries when your beloved has gone on before you, but I'm sure you felt david's love and prayers for you on that day.

    Enjoy the couch!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home