Tricia Dishes

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Quick update


Okay, so this jaw thing has really gotten out of control. I can barely stay out of bed, it just hurts so badly. This morning, though, Cheryl called to see how I was, which wasn't good. It was 11 and I hadn't eaten or drank anything since last night. The next thing I knew, Linda was calling and of course, I broke down. I called my dentist and he said come on in. Linda and I went to his office, he took one look at my mouth and told me there was nothing he could about it, that I would have to go to an oral surgeon. I went to the oral surgeon, in Jackson, this afternoon and pretty much sobbed most of the time. He took xrays but couldn't tell what was going on, other than my face is out of whack, I can't put my teeth together, and I am in agony. So, I have an MRI Friday afternoon, then go back to see him Tuesday morning. I just keep crying. It's like I told Linda, I feel like such a freak that this has happened. I was doing pretty good, I think, dealing with the David situation and financial problems. Now this comes out of nowhere and is causing me much physical and emotional pain. And now, more than ever, I miss David to be here to take care of me. After having such a loving mate for so long, it is kind of harsh reality that it is just me here, taking care of myself, which, I admit, isn't too impressive, at the moment. Both Linda and Norma offered to stay with me tonight, but I am about to take another dose of my new painkiller/muscle relaxer and hopefully, I can get to sleep.
I should have gone to the doctor earlier, but I really thought it would clear up by itself. This pain, though, isn't just your garden variety, run of the mill TMJ. Of course not, I have to get a pain that needs an MRI and an oral surgeon!
Okay, gotta go. I didn't realize it but I am loopier than I thought I was. I am having trouble typing, so I guess I just need to go on to bed.
Later. Forgive any typos or incorrect verb usage, I didn't even proofread it!
Night!

4 Comments:

  • At Thursday, March 06, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tricia,
    Hang in there. You are in our prayers all the time. I read your blog because my hubby is from v'burg and we miss everyone. I'm praying things get better for you soon!
    Kelly

     
  • At Thursday, March 06, 2008, Blogger Marian Love Phillips said…

    I meant to check on you today...will call tomorrow and see how you are doing...your next door neighbor.

     
  • At Friday, March 07, 2008, Blogger Pam said…

    It sounds like you have TMD..I'm sending you an email with some information on TMD..It's not TMJ, but a lot of doctors mistake it for that. You really do have all the symptoms..There are three doctors in MS who treat people with TMD..maybe one can help you..Keep in mind, I am NOT a doctor, I just play one on your Blog :)hahah Seriously tho..check it out..I hope you feel better soon!! I hate that you are in this kind of pain!

     
  • At Saturday, March 08, 2008, Anonymous WonderGirl said…

    Hope you're feeling better! When you're in physical pain, it can wreak havoc on your emotional state, too. :( I'm praying for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home