Tricia Dishes

Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm better today


I had a doctor's appointment this morning. I knew he would be concerned because I "wasn't moving on", but I think that a little less than three months of mourning for a man that I was with for 34 years is appropriate, don't you??? I'm sorry, I will probably mourn for the rest of my life!! He asked me if I still had David's stuff around and I said yes, and he said that maybe I should start putting it away. Then he asked what my counselor said about it and I told him that she said not to do anything until I felt like it. He said, "oh". I know he means well, but.....
Then Christy came over this afternoon and what a great visit we had! Yes, we talked a lot about David. She and her husband were extremely saddened by David's passing, but were glad that they knew him. I am very proud of David, I always will be. She said that she felt that David was "around me", and that makes me feel better. I feel his presence, too, not always, but sometimes. I sincerely hope he is here, I really do still need him with me!!
But when she left this evening, I felt much better. I may even tackle the coffee shop tomorrow. We'll just see.
So, everyone have a great Friday. I hope that our rain goes away, it is getting quite old!
Oh, happy birthday to neighbor Bob and good luck to Marion on the surgery tomorrow! I will check on you!
Night!

2 Comments:

  • At Friday, February 22, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, Tricia. My daddy died one year ago today. I wore his jacket to school.I cried when I tried to call roll in every class but one. My mother, well, she had a party today! Grief is a strange bird,isn't it?? oh, well.
    Turn up the music!!!
    Love, Jennifer and Barry

     
  • At Friday, February 22, 2008, Blogger St. Izzy said…

    Just over a year ago, a friend of mine and of Baldman & Waldie, lost his father to a long illness. For him, I dug out this marvelous quotation:

    "He thought he would become accustomed to [being orphaned], not yet understanding that it is useless to become accustomed to the loss of a father, for it will never happen a second time: might as well leave the wound open."
    --Umberto Eco, The Island of the Day Before, end of chapter 7


    Having lost quite a few friends and relatives in my not-yet-very-long-life, I don't think we ever really heal; we just learn to live with the wound, hope that the scar is durable, and try not to poke it too much.

    Grieve well, and take your time doing it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home