Tricia Dishes

Saturday, January 12, 2008

What's been goin' on.....


I have a word of advice - do NOT go see a movie without knowing what it is about. I have had several people mention "The Bucket List" looked funny, and then I would tell them that it was about two terminally ill men who have a list of things to do before they "kick the bucket". Then the people go "oh no, you can't go see that for about ten years" and I agree. So, today, I went with my sister and her family to Madison to see a movie. It's a beautiful day, Linda spent the night last night and we had a good time eating out, going to Big Lots, and then watching lots of stuff about the television show "Bones". The boys wanted to see "I Am Legend", a zombie movie, a movie that I had no desire to see, so Linda and I looked at the list of movies and picked one that started when their movie did, a "chick flick", what we thought would be a light hearted romantic comedy, a movie called "P.S. I Love You", A MOVIE ABOUT A WOMAN WHOSE HUSBAND DIED OF A BRAIN TUMOR AND HOW HARD SHE HAD IT FOR THE YEAR FOLLOWING HIS DEATH!!!! Let's see, could I even PICK one that would hurt more??? I sobbed, very audibly at times, and Linda asked if I wanted to leave. I should have, but I didn't and by the end, I am sorry, I was sobbing pretty good. The music was good, though, I will say that. I'm sure the women in front of us were like, calm down, lady, it is just a movie, but they also might have realized that hey, this movie is very hard for this woman who is sobbing to see, it must be hitting pretty close to home. At least, I hope that is what they were thinking. When we left, we went and had a wonderful supper at Logan's Steakhouse, then went to a few stores in the Jackson area. Yes, a few times I had a mini-meltdown, but I was trying to keep myself under control. On the way home, I was still having some crying episodes, but mainly I was lost in my thoughts, thinking about how much I miss David.
We get to my street, turn up the street, and HOLY MOLY, THERE IS A "FOR SALE" SIGN IN THE YP'S YARD!!!!! I started screaming, Linda started screaming, we jumped out and just jumped for joy!! So, I forgive the universe for the movie today, because honestly, I haven't been this joyous in a long time!!! And y'all all may think I am crazy, but I like to think that David had a little hand in this, maybe. So, I wish them the best, I hope they make a trillion dollars, just so long as they make it somewhere else!!! Now, the hunt is on for GOOD neighbors, people who will not feel that everyone has to bow down to their desires, people who will give someone the chance to rectify a problem, people who are ADULTS!! People who know what the word "neighbor" means, and who will meet someone halfway to be a good one.
Now I am going to go soak in the tub and run the jets. The day has actually turned out pretty great!!! Have a good Sunday!!

6 Comments:

  • At Sunday, January 13, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ALLLLLLLRIGHT!
    AWESOME!
    GO IN PEACE!
    MAY THE FARCE BE WITH YOU!

    Said Rick

     
  • At Sunday, January 13, 2008, Blogger Marian said…

    WOW - I can't believe what I just read....will have to look out my front door and check it out. I hope for your sake that you will get good neighbors on the left side of you, because you already know you have good neighbors on the right side of you! :)
    PS: I think David had a hand in this from the GOOD LORD upstairs!

     
  • At Sunday, January 13, 2008, Blogger Suzanna said…

    Yeah Tricia! Good by and good riddens(?) The nightmare is almost over. I pray someone awesome buys that house and really quick. I pray it's a woman who needs a friend like you and you have a new bud to hang around with. Love you always, Suzanna

     
  • At Monday, January 14, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank God those people are leaving. They were the last thing you needed to deal with. You will have to sit outside and interview the prospective buyers. If they're not acceptable tell them the house is haunted and is infested with wharf rats, and killer bees.
    Love Ya,
    Christy L.
    PS If you need help with the alarm Jerry would be glad to help you out. That's part of what he does for Diebold.

     
  • At Tuesday, January 15, 2008, Anonymous Brandi. said…

    Yippee! Here's to a swift move for the yps.

    We've been thinking about you a lot. Much love.

     
  • At Tuesday, January 15, 2008, Blogger Melissa Dixon said…

    Woohoo!!! Leave some cardboard packing boxes on their doorstep to help them along! The lady who bought our house in AZ did that, I guess she thought she was just being helpful. More like "Get outta my house!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home