Tricia Dishes

Monday, January 21, 2008

A weird thing to do today......


I designed mine and David's headstone today. Yep, mine, too. It is a double one, very lovely, very bronzy and marbley, with our names and dates. Of course, my expiration date will be determined later, hopefully!! Anyway, I went straight for the plain one, thinking that it would be cheaper, but nope, they were all the same. SO, Norma was with me and she and I both picked our favorite and it was the same, so that was a no-brainer. Then Yolanda, who is absolutely wonderful and she and I really COULD become life long friends, showed us the booklet that could "personalize" the headstone. We looked through it a couple of times, looking to see if there was anything in it that would zero in on David's personality. Nope. I was looking for a picture of a record album or a turn table, but the music stuff was instruments (hey, Carl's family will have NO trouble picking out an electric guitar!) or musical notes. Nothing that said "classic rock", you know? So, guess what I went with? Cats. Yessirree. Cats. The one under his name will be facing my name, the one on my side will be looking at his side. Isn't that great?? I feel very good about it, plus it wasn't quite 3000 bucks, which is what I was afraid it would be. I mean, it was close, but I was okay with this amount. I really feel that I accomplished a lot today, getting that behind me.
I did go to the doctor today and he gave me the sleeping pill that has the talking beaver in the ad. I would really like to see a talking beaver, wouldn't you? Anyway, let's hope it works. Tomorrow I go to physical therapy and to another doctor, so, busy busy busy me, trying to get everything done. It is just after 8 p.m. I think I am about to go to bed. I am exhausted.
That's it for now. Take care and have a good Tuesday!!

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, January 22, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it snowed here today...about an inch before 5:00am, then no more to speck of...
    if the yp's house # is 1024, i found the listing on Coldwellbanker.com for Mississippi...what strange bedroonm furniture and that bathroom...weird yellowish wall with a red oval mirror..YUCK!!!!
    love
    susan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home