Tricia Dishes

Saturday, January 05, 2008

This January 5 is almost as bad as LAST year's January 5!!


So, I told my kids that I figured that the yp's would give it about a week before they started harassing me again. Boy, are they predictable. This morning, the female called about how my dog ruined her vacation and she wanted to sleep late today, blah blah blah, yada yada yada. She "suggested" that I start bringing the dogs inside again since that worked best for her. I didn't answer the phone, this was on the answering machine. Then, she called back later, but I saw who it was and turned off my machine. Be warned, if you call me, it is going to stay off indefinitely.
Now, the next phone call I got was from one of David's credit cards, asking me how I was going to pay it and when, and could I send them a death certificate? Then the mail had something else about "the death of George David Reid" in it. And this heifer thinks having her sleep interrupted is a real problem? I am PARALYZED with grief, I cannot quit crying, and all of these notices are certainly not helping! I see his handwriting on his post it notes above his desk, his medicine bottle on the table by the recliner, his bedroom shoes, and it feels like a dagger in my heart! And I have to deal with a dog, who, for the record is NOT the only dog barking at night. I was awake until 1 this morning, and a couple of times I heard dogs barking, I went out, it was not mine. I called the police to talk to the policewoman that had advised me before, but of course, she is no longer with the department. The woman who answered told me, though, to call 911 if the neighbors came over into my yard. But to forestall that, Cheryl and Marian both came over and stood in the carport while I fed the animals. And no cat is outside today, much to their displeasure, and they aren't going out tomorrow, I don't care if it is raining catnip!! They are going to be inside! It looks like the rain is about to start here, but I think I am going to put Woofer in the large kennel tonight. Hopefully, he won't get any wetter than if he was in his doghouse. I also ordered the top of the line bark control collar from Foster and Smith this morning. You all know that I have oodles of money to spend, don't you? And I hope that you all recognize sarcasm when you see it!
So, that's it for now. I haven't been able to go to the coffee shop. I just don't have it in me, and I am just too sad. But one good thing, I know the physical therapy is helping me because I turned over in the bed last night, pain free, AND I didn't have to end up in the recliner!! So, that is a positive thing in my life, at the moment.
Have a good weekend.
OH, this picture is of a well-known Christmas display for those of us in Vicksburg "of a certain age". It was on the lawn of Koestler's Bakery, on the main drag into town. They would play Christmas music from loudspeakers, too, especially Alvin and the Chipmunks! It was great - there would be one night that the kids could come to see Santa, NOT in October, but just a week or so before the big day, and I remember the line being all the way down two long sidewalks. More than likely, everyone I went to school with was in that line! David went, too, and that was another time that I probably was near him, way before we met. The other time was the raising of the ironclad Cairo - we saw a picture and I mentioned that that was the angle I saw it and that I was sitting in a tree with a bunch of other kids and he looked at me and said, so was he!! We were 9 years old! Boy, do I miss him. But, back to Koestler's Bakery, the smells coming from there were heavenly and it was always a treat when Daddy would bring in a fresh loaf of bread. Yummmm, good times. Thanks to Carolyn for the picture.
All right, again, have a good weekend.

2 Comments:

  • At Sunday, January 06, 2008, Blogger Marian said…

    Wow, that picture brought back a lot of memories...you said thanks to Carolyn...did you mean Carolyn Koestler? If so, I know her.

     
  • At Monday, January 07, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I LOVED THAT BAKERY SMELL!!!
    I SO WISH THE YP'S WOULD MOVE AWAY..FAR,FAR AWAY.
    HANG IN THERE. WE LOVE YOU!
    SUSAN

     

Post a Comment

<< Home