Tricia Dishes

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

They did it, they actually did it.....

So, yesterday was quite a lovely day. I enjoyed a very nice lunch with Norma, got the social security stuff taken care of, went to the bank, got a few things at the store, and even thought about running by the coffee shop before coming home. But first I had to stop by the drugstore and pick up my prescriptions. Well, what a surprise, I have no health insurance, and my three prescriptions totalled over 150 bucks!!! I KNEW this would happen. Human Resources dragged their feet about the COBRA package, and sure enough, I was cancelled!! I was so upset. I didn't get the medicine, I just left, came home and called the woman who actually does return calls, and basically just screamed into the phone what had just happened!! The COBRA package did show up yesterday (two weeks from the time I was told it was mailed. (Yeah, right.) She did call back and what could she say? I told her that I felt like I had been totally forgotten by IGT! And, on a side note, the person who said that I was going to get the 401K info and she would call me? Not one word or piece of mail from them, and it has been two weeks. Out of sight, out of mind, I guess. Anyway, this other woman told me to fax the forms to them right then, never mind the fact it was almost 4:30, and then it would be reinstated in about 24 hours. Oh, and I have to send them money for January and February, to which I replied that I knew that, I wasn't stupid. The insurance is going to cost me almost 450 dollars a month, but after doing some checking, that seems to be the average rate. So, until I can find a job that has a policy, that is my only option. I was supposed to not have a break in coverage, and if I had received the information in a timely manner, which by law I was supposed to do, I would have not had this problem. Needless to say, it pretty much wrecked my good day. So, people, before you die, make sure that you let your human resources people know way ahead of time to avoid the problems that I have had!! OH, and don't die before the holidays. It really inconveniences them. Do I sound a bit bitter? Sorry.
All right. That's it for now. I have physical therapy this afternoon, but God knows what kinds of bills I am going to be getting for that, and all the rigamarole that I will have to go through to straighten it out!!
Have a good day.

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, January 29, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    tricia, i love you!
    i am sorry for all your misfortune with the insurance people but i do get a laugh out of your blog!
    susan

     
  • At Tuesday, January 29, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Tricia,
    I'm a friend of Katie and Chris and also work at a doctor's office. If your physical therapist or any one bills you, tell them that your COBRA is reinstated and to resubmit the bill to your insurance. This happens at my office every once in a while. You shouldn't have to pay anything extra.
    Your strength is amazing and you are in my prayers,
    Melissa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home