Tricia Dishes

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Saturday morning


So, another week has passed. It's been a cold, mainly rainy week, even a little sleet fell from the sky, but luckily, the temperature was high enough that we didn't have an ice storm. I am certainly glad of that, I do not think I could deal with it, at the moment.
I kind of blew off some of my appointments this week, due to the weather. I just didn't feel like getting out in the rain the other day, so I just sat in the recliner for a few hours. I needed to do that. My counseling session was great, and I felt very good when I left there. Plus, I realized that I had gone a couple of days without bursting into tears, a plus, don't you think? I still think of David almost constantly, and I really can't get his actual passing out of my mind, but the pain is lessening some. But I would be lying if I said I didn't miss him every minute of the day. I was thinking about one of his "stories" and just got really sad that I wouldn't get to hear him tell it anymore. Things like that, little things that just send a little jolt to my heart. I expect those things will happen for the rest of my life. I mean, I am who I am because of him - a mother, a wife, and now I know WAY more than I EVER wanted to know about cancer, so he will always be with me, just not physically. I do get teary eyed, but again, no bursting into tears in the last few days, although I do know that I am not beyond that, not by any means. So, I appreciate all the positive thoughts that I am getting, and please, don't stop praying for me! I need them more than ever, trying to figure out the rest of my life. I can't think too far ahead, though, it is just too painful and scary.

It's been over a week since I was told that the insurance and 401K information was mailed to me. Have I gotten it? Why, NO, I haven't! But I DID get a form, addressed to David, wanting to know why he had been in the hospital in September of 2004. I called them and they hemmed and hawed about not being able to talk to me, they needed to talk to David, and I asked them WHY ON EARTH did I get this now, that the September hospital stay was for cancer surgery, and that he had died last month!!! Then they fell all over themselves apologizing. They just "wanted to make sure that it wasn't work related". Insurance claims had been paid on that surgery in, oh, 2004!!! Why NOW am I getting this cockamamie form??? And again, didn't Human Resources notify them, as I was told they did? I just don't know what else I can do.

Well, I guess I had better start the day. It is almost noon, but hey, it's Saturday. I do have to go to the store, but hopefully, the temperature will rise and it won't be so bitingly cold. And then Linda and I will continue to watch "Angel" tonight. We were just too tired to watch it last night. It has been really great for her to come over, and when we finish "Angel" (only 29 more discs to go!), there's always "Friends", "Buffy", just a plethora of series to watch! I'm ready!!
Have a great weekend and stay safe!!!

Okay, I don't know why the picture of Alley is so little. But that is actually my cat, sitting in her napkin holder. She is very sweet, and more than a little strange!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home