Tricia Dishes

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A cold, rainy Wednesday


I have a few thoughts on this cold, rainy middle of the week. I thought I'd share.

1. I do not want it to get into the twenties for the next few nights. No sir, I am ready for spring. Not summer with its 100% humidity and high temperatures, but spring, where the gentle breeze blows, the trees gently sway, and you can sit outside comfortably for quite a while. BUT, I know we have our winter weather ahead of us, so, it is not time to put up sweatshirts and sweaters yet. At least it is not the cold of Chicago!! Sorry, daudra!!

2. The breaker flipped last night, leaving my kitchen in the dark. An absolute panic overtook me, since I have never had to deal with this myself, David was always here. But, I found it, flipped it back, and survived. Things like that will happen all the time, I will HAVE to stay calm and deal with it.

3. Barry, our life insurance/financial advisor/cousin was here yesterday, giving me some more advice on how I can live on the life insurance policy until I am old enough to draw Social Security (which is ONLY 6 years from now!). I am terrified. I am afraid I will not be able to earn enough to meet my budget, when I am able to go back to work. But folks, I just sit and stare during the day, I cry at the drop of a hat, and physically, I still am trying to heal. That is another reason that I am ready for spring. I think that mentally I will feel better, because so far, time isn't helping me. Each day without David is harder and harder.

4. I have to find some homes for some of these cats. Yes, I love them dearly, but if there was someone that would love them and take care of them, provide them with a good safe home, well, I would feel good about that. The problem is, there is no shortage of cats and these are living in a good home, with me! It would be hard for me to give them away, no doubt, but hey, I am living without my husband, I think I will survive giving away a few cats!

5. And, I have a pounding headache today, due to the weather change, my new glasses, and the fact that my eyes are weak from crying. But I have to go out to pay some bills and run some errands. And it's raining. Fun.

6. My security alarm system went "live" two days ago, so I am now being monitored by the alarm company. That really does make me feel a lot safer, PLUS I get 10% off of my house insurance. Every little bit helps! Now, the only thing left is to try to put that sign together to put in the front yard, telling all the would-be burglars to just keep walkin' on by. I have something that will nab them!!

7. I think I may attempt to go to the coffee shop this week. I haven't been in almost three weeks, but I may stick my head in there Friday afternoon. I haven't heard from anyone there, although I talked to Mrs. Nosser the other morning, and she said that everyone is giving me my space, which I totally appreciate. I am finding it hard to just "chat" these days. My mind is just overwhelmed with all that has to be dealt with.

8. And speaking of dealing with stuff, it must be nice for the financial industry to just completely be unreachable for the month of December and half of January! You would think that nothing happens then! No one can help you, no one WILL help you, they say to "call back after the 1st". Well, my life kind of fell apart in December, I need your help NOW. Because of their work policies, I almost don't have health insurance, because no one has notified anyone that David died. They just have that he was "terminated", which has a whole lot different connotation, doesn't it? Barry said he thinks that these companies and their Human Resources people don't really know what to do when a person dies, and I have to agree. But they sure need to find out and get back to me, don't you think? I kind of feel thrown out into the ocean, not hearing anything from anyone, even though I have called and tried to find out the info for myself. And I have a garage full of IGT stuff that I don't know what to do with. I can't throw it away, it may be something important, and there might be some gaming law that would prevent me from doing that anyway. So, Frank, Steven, if you are reading this, give me a call. I need to know when you are coming to get this stuff. I am sure y'all have proper ways of disposing of it on the coast. Thanks.

So, that's all for now. Have a good Wednesday. Stay warm and dry.

4 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, January 16, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    MAYBE THE ANIMAL MEDICAL CLINIC WILL HIRE YOU! I KNOW THEY SENT FLOWERS SO THEY ALREADY THINK A GREAT DEAL OF YOU! WE ALL DO!!
    YOU ARE DOING FINE-EVEN THOUGH YOU MAY NOT SEE IT...JUST DEALING WITH THE DAY TO DAY IS ENOUGH FOR NOW, THE REST WILL COME WHEN IT NEEDS TO...
    LOVE FROM INDIANA!
    SUSAN

     
  • At Wednesday, January 16, 2008, Blogger Erica said…

    Ugh. I just want to run away from all the crud. I am right there with you, Maudra. I am really excited about coming home again in a few weeks. I'm sick, but I am home tonight and off tomorrow if you wanna chat. It is so weird, cause I am living day to day and then I get so overwhelmed--I miss daddy so much, and it is just so surreal and I wish that we could just take more time to deal with that before having to pretend to be ok. I dunno. I am just frustrated, too. I love you.

     
  • At Wednesday, January 16, 2008, Blogger whoever said…

    ok i breathe deeply an try this for the third time. so trisha you know i really love you.
    the other day i said to myself about something i didnt understand ill just ask david when i get t---o
    t----h-------e c---------o
    oh crap ive got it too. as hard as ive tried not to. tricia try to come to 61 an see us maybe other than friday. we need you cause we do

    ps
    if someone else dosent get whats not here start looking cause i know tricia does

     
  • At Thursday, January 17, 2008, Blogger Dan Telfer said…

    Focus on that sweet, sweet For Sale sign.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home