Tricia Dishes

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2007 is kicked to the curb!!!!


Whew!! Thank GOODNESS 2007 is OVER!! We started it with an emergency trip to St. Dominic Hospital on January 5, so pretty much this year has gone downhill since then! SO here's to 2008 being a much better year, one in which health and prosperity reigns, not illness and death. Are we all in agreement of that? Okay, then let's go for it!!
I had a nice New Year's Eve. Linda, Don, and the boys came over until about 11, which was very nice. I actually gave Matthew and Scott some of David's clothes. Yes, that is weird, but he didn't wear them when he was alive, I really doubt he would be caring that I keep them after he left. And, a couple of years ago, on a search for just the perfect steel-toed work boot, he found what he liked so he bought TWO of each! He made the comment at the time that maybe he was being overly optimistic but he planned to wear both pairs out. Well, unfortunately he didn't get to do that, but Don now has two perfect pairs of boots, and if he needs to kick something, well, his toes will be just fine!!
I also have tried to organize a few things. The clothes still need washing, but I am slowly getting that done. I am having trouble around mealtime, though. For the first time in over 32 years, it is just me that needs to be fed. David and I enjoyed eating at Cracker Barrel, Billy's, or just anywhere so very much, so I feel his absence very keenly when I am trying to figure out what to eat. I also have started taking some of the Christmas decorations down, but I have decided to leave everything on the tree for now, because it is so pretty and I want to enjoy it a bit longer. Anyone has a problem with it, well, it's THEIR problem. I want to look at it!
Oh boy, the loudest firecracker I have ever heard just went off. Or it was a gunshot. Around here, who knows. For that very reason, Dave, my cousin in law, installed deadbolts on my garage door and put a much brighter bulb in my front porch light fixture. Plus, tomorrow one of the local security companies is going to come over here to give me an estimate of how much it would cost to put in a system. Now, I will be honest, I am concerned about cost. There is no paycheck coming in, at the moment. I don't know how much my health insurance will cost me, I have utility bills, my mortgage, and credit card debt, but I feel that it would behoove me to get a security system for my house. Peace of mind would be worth it. I do not want to be afraid in my own home. David and I love this house, we expected to have many many years in it, so I don't want to feel fearful and isolated in it. So, if it is reasonable, I am going to give them the go ahead. I will feel much safer.
I also have to tell you that I felt David's presence the other night in our bedroom. It was the same feeling that I would get when I knew he would call or I would call him and he'd say that he "felt the vibe" from me. He and I had wondered if the bond would still be there "if the worst happened". Well, the worst happened, but I think the bond is still there. Yes, it could be wishful thinking. I do have him on my mind just about every minute of the day, but this was different. It was an actual physical feeling, a very strong sense that he was in the room. So, I did what I normally would do, I talked to him, told him how much I loved him and how much I missed him. It helped. I hope there will be many times that I feel his "vibe". He is such a part of me, how can I not feel him near? I do miss him terribly, though, and I know I will miss him for the rest of my life. And that is as it should be.
Now we move into a new year. I hope that EVERYONE has a good 2008. Shoot, have a GREAT 2008!! I am certainly hoping that the Reid clan will be stronger, happier, and healthier than we have been in a long time! And I wish the same for everyone!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

3 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, January 01, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year to you, Tricia.
    Love, Barry, Jennifer and Betsy

     
  • At Wednesday, January 02, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    remember when I told you David would let you know he was ok...seems to me, this "vibe" was it. go ahead and talk to him even when you dont feel the strong vibe..I do and I talk to Daddy too, it just helps me feel better.
    did you get the pictures from Thanksgiving?
    love
    susan

     
  • At Thursday, January 03, 2008, Blogger Pam said…

    Happy New Year to you too! Here's looking to 2008 with hopes and prayers for better days and all good things to come for the Smith/Reid Clan!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home