Tricia Dishes

Sunday, December 09, 2007

So unreal.....


David
Originally uploaded by Erica Reid
Well, I haven't woken up yet, from this unbelievable dream, but I have to realize that it is actually reality. It's been a week - David is gone - it is the strangest thing. His wallet, watch, and work identification are sitting on the table in the bedroom. The book he started a few weeks ago is sitting by the bed. The clothes that he wore that last week in the bed, still need to be washed. Yet he is gone. I look at pictures, such as this one taken many years ago, and can't believe that I will not be seeing him in this life, any more. I mean, we fought so hard to beat this cancer. How on earth did it just take him this fast? I guess that is something I won't know while I am still living. But one thing, when David's spirit departed his body, that cancer DIED! So, the cancer did NOT win, ultimately, did it?
And about that, the "me still living" part - I guess that I am now at the beginning of the third phase of my life. Birth to 21, when I got married: 21 to 53, when we raised our children: and now 53 to whatever, widowhood. I am a widow. That just blows my mind. As far as I am concerned, though, I am still married, even though we said the words, "for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, 'til death us do part." Pretty bizarre that we are at that point, isn't it?
Anyway, I will share more about the last week in future posts. Today Fuzzy and Katie need to get to the airport, then Christopher and Erica and I will muddle through the task of trying to get to a new normal around here. I need an income, for sure, but I need time to heal, myself. Christmas is just days away and regardless of what has happened, we ARE going to celebrate. David would have it no other way!! It will be different, but it will be a celebration.
Hold your family close. Enjoy every moment.
Have a good day.

2 Comments:

  • At Sunday, December 09, 2007, Blogger Laura said…

    Tricia, Keep writing it will help you remember the good times. The times of your own growth. The times you still feel David close. David's love for you and the family is not gone. God will give you strength I am still praying for you all.
    Love Laura

     
  • At Monday, December 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know that everywhere you look in your house you see David. I'll be thinking of you, Erica and Christopher in the coming weeks as you all sort through everything. You all are so strong together and I hope you feel David keeping you strong too. Please take care of yourself!
    Love, Rebecca Rine-Stone

     

Post a Comment

<< Home