Tricia Dishes

Saturday, December 22, 2007

December 22


Today is a very important date in the Reid household. David and I met 34 years ago today. Four years ago he gave me a gorgeous garnet and diamond ring to commemorate the 30th anniversary of that day. And every year, since 1976, we have celebrated December 22 for another reason - it's Christopher's birthday! Today he is 31 years old. Go to Erica's website for a very cute picture of the both of them when they were teensie weensie! But, it is hard to believe, that 31 years have flown by that fast.
But today has been extremely hard for me, for those very reasons. I miss David so much. It is so weird, it seems like he will just come strolling in from the kitchen, and everything will be back to normal. Katie and Fuzzy got here today, too, which is great, I am really glad that they are here, but it also just brings home the fact that my spouse isn't here, I am no longer part of a couple and that just feels like a knife in my heart. And all this Christmas stuff? I'm sorry, I just can't get into it this year. I do know that we will have a good Christmas day, though, since we are going to see two movies. I am looking forward to that. Erica and Fuzzy will leave the next day, and it will be good for her to get back to Chicago, after being here since November 12. And then Christopher and Katie will leave on the 29th, and he will get back into school again. I want them to be home and resume their lives. It will be hard, but I will be fine. I really do plan to do some tv catching up, and trying to get this pain reduced. I hope that I can start walking around the block, too, to get some exercise and to start losing some weight. I need to get some healthy food in order to get healthy! And I will do it, too, I just know it!
Well, I am tired, so I better go to bed now. The next few days are going to be so busy, so very very much to do! And I will do it, too, I just know it! Hmmm, that sounds familiar......
Have a good Sunday!

2 Comments:

  • At Sunday, December 23, 2007, Anonymous Dan Telfer said…

    I'm so glad Fuzzy got there okay, our airports have been a nightmare.

    Happy Christmas!

     
  • At Sunday, December 23, 2007, Anonymous Karla said…

    I can only imagine how difficult Christmas will be. Enjoy the kids and know that lots of people are praying for you daily. You are all loved so much.
    Happy Birthday Christopher!!!
    Karla

     

Post a Comment

<< Home