Tricia Dishes

Monday, November 19, 2007

Update on the tree


WELL, thanks to Fuzzy and Jeremy, and a pretty good chain saw, the tree is almost gone! They chopped it up and moved it to the side of the driveway, out of the way of any walking path. Jeremy has to leave for the airport in a few minutes, so he will get to rest on the flight to San Diego. It has been so wonderful for him to be here, and he says he will be back later on. He has a ticket to go see Trans Siberian Orchestra tonight, so I can't wait to hear his opinion of it. I am sure he will be blown away!! Okay, back to the tree. We are going to see if someone wants to come get the wood to use as firewood, and see if they will carry the brush off, too. I have put limbs out for the trash and they just about biodegrade before they are picked up, so I don't have any high hopes of them picking this one up any time soon!!

We had a kind of up and down night, but we actually got some sleep (thanks to a sleeping pill for me!) for a few hours in the early morning. It was very nice.

The hospice nurse just left a few minutes ago, also. We have a doctor's appointment this afternoon, so we are going to swing by the hospice office and pick up some stuff. They are wonderful. I will be saying that a lot, I'm sure.
And our neighbor, Marian, brought over a delicious breakfast pizza a few minutes ago. It really came at a perfect time, because we were trying to figure out what to eat. David seems to be a little hungrier today, so keep your fingers crossed that this is a good sign.
Okay, that is it for now. I wish I could wear this green, red, and white granny gown to the doctor's office, it is so comfy!! I just may have to pick me up a few more. It is perfect to wear, even with company! If it doesn't bother them, it sure isn't going to bother me!!!!
Have a great day!

2 Comments:

  • At Monday, November 19, 2007, Anonymous Dan Telfer said…

    It sounds like you're surrounded by love and are dealing with this on a realistic level few people have the courage to use. Stay strong and don't fear the future, much of Chicago is thinking of you and sending you the love rays.

     
  • At Monday, November 19, 2007, Blogger Pam said…

    You said you "hope we don't get tired of your post"...Well, I just want you to know that I will never get tired of reading your thoughts and knowing what both of you are feeling right now. I truly admire you so much for wanting to continue to write and share with us..There are so many of us that love and respect David, and like me, are probably having a hard time grasping all this..it just doesn't seem right, or fair, or at times, even real..Also, I'm sure we would all like to be there with you right now, but since we can't all come pile into your bedroom, what you are doing here on your blog is truly a valuable gift to us! It's a little like getting to "talk" to you and David everyday, and it allows us to make that connection that we all need to feel right now..
    Hopefully when you see our comments, you will know that we are right here with you and David, and you're not going through all this alone. Also, since you do write so honestly and openly, you probably don't even realize it, Tricia, but you are helping so many people..No one knows what to do when things like this happen, and we have learned, and continue to learn, so much from you. Tire of your posts? Personally, I can't thank you enough..Much love and hope, Pam Z.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home