Tricia Dishes

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007



Thanksgiving 2007 has come and gone. Mixed emotions abound. We are thankful, but wondering "why". We are happy that it is the holiday season, but are fearful for what it may bring. Lots of smiles and laughter, lots of tears and sad talking about the future. But we were all together as family, and it doesn't get much better than that, does it?
SO, here are a couple of pictures that Fuzzy took of our family this weekend. Katie left for South Carolina today. Hopefully, this rain won't be on her the whole trip back. Fuzzy leaves on Tuesday evening, which will make Erica unhappy, but the good thing is, both of them will be back by Christmas, and HOPEFULLY, we will all still be here!! I cannot think any other way. And we have started decorating, and it is absolutely beautiful! This is my favorite time of year, and I plan to enjoy it.
David is eating us out of house and home, though, which is good. He was losing too much weight, but hopefully, his newfound appetite will nip that in the bud! The radiation treatments are working to help alleviate the pain, which is a relief to both him and us. There are a couple of other issues that the hospice nurse is addressing and we hope that she will be bringing us some answers when she comes by here tomorrow. And we have had lots of visitors - David is extremely well-loved!
Everyone, have a wonderful Sunday afternoon! I plan to do just that, myself!

7 Comments:

  • At Sunday, November 25, 2007, Anonymous Cheryl said…

    What wonderful pictures! David looks great, too. What beautiful smiles you all have on! Keep up that great spirit. Oh, ornament exchange is still on for Saturday, Dec. 1 at Borello's 12:30. Be there! Bring Erica! Love you,Cheryl

     
  • At Sunday, November 25, 2007, Blogger IPW said…

    It is good to see all your smiling faces!

     
  • At Monday, November 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I CAN FEEL THE LOVE FROM HERE!!!
    SUSAN

     
  • At Monday, November 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those pictures are great! I haven't been able to read the blog in the past couple of weeks, and I am so sad to hear the prognosis. You are all in my prayers and I am praying for a miracle!! Like you say, this is the Season of Miracles!
    Jill A

     
  • At Monday, November 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CUTE! This PJs pic should be your Christmas card! You can upload it straight to Walgreens.com!
    Melissa D

     
  • At Monday, November 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    is that a logo or 3?

     
  • At Monday, November 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello David and Tricia, This is Darlene Kilgore that use to work for IGT in the monitor room.. I just wanted to stop by and say that I very sorry about the Prognosis of David.. I do miss talking to him on the phone.. I do hope all is well with you both.. Tell David that I said hello and I will try to call soon to check in. I will keep you both in my prayers.. I hope yall will be able to have a wonderful Christmas together with all the family. Take care.

    Darlene

     

Post a Comment

<< Home