Tricia Dishes

Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday

This has been an extremely hard day. David slept most of the day. We are kind of losing it, the grief is overwhelming. I can't believe that this is happening. I can't eat, I am afraid to sleep. There has been a steady stream of loved ones in today, even though David didn't know they were here. But I am so tired. Erica is so tired. Christopher has gone into the "take charge" mode, thank God. Katie, Fuzzy, and Jeremy will be here tomorrow. Linda has been a godsend, I do not know what I would do if she weren't here. Why oh why is this happening? I do not understand.
The preacher came today and we had a good meeting. David told him that he hadn't done enough for Jesus in his life, and the preacher replied "who has?". That made David feel better. David's life has been such an example of a godly, loving man, they will just usher him on through the Pearly Gates, I am sure. God, I am going to miss him.

5 Comments:

  • At Friday, November 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know I haven't said much, but I want you to know that you two are in mine and Jerry's thoughts and prayers every day. I hope you know if you need anything we're here even if you just want some coffee from the coffeehouse. Love ya,
    Christy & Jerry

     
  • At Saturday, December 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope David knows his personality alone is enough to make anyone aspire to be like him. He's such a wonderful person and my heart hurts right now for you all. You have the strength of family on your side and the support of friends to hold you up. We are all thinking about you nonstop right now and praying for comfort and peace for David. Love you all so much.
    -Rebecca Rine-Stone

     
  • At Saturday, December 01, 2007, Anonymous An Aquaintance from years ago said…

    Tricia and Family,
    You may not remember me, our kids went to school together at WC, and my daughter Laura has been keeping in contact with Erica, so i've been staying updated on David's situation through her. I just wanted you to know that you have been on my heart and in my prayers these past couple of days. Also, David has been on the prayer list at Woodlawn Baptist for quite some time, you have lots of people praying for your family right now that God will give you extra strength that you will need during this most difficult time. May you find comfort in this Psalm (61)

    "Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been a shelter for me, A strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings."
    With many prayers for you,
    Dianna Wolfe

     
  • At Saturday, December 01, 2007, Blogger Brandi. said…

    Many, many prayers.

     
  • At Saturday, December 01, 2007, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Tricia, I am still thinking of all of you, and sending you prayers for strength and peace and love.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home