Tricia Dishes

Monday, November 19, 2007

Dr. Zachow and the radiation treatments


Okay, my post was going to be about the doctor visit this afternoon and how nice Dr. Zachow was. BUT, as soon as I started it, I heard a beep, went and investigated, and apparently my toaster oven has been on for who knows HOW long, the whole area is so hot, and there was a towel and several drugstore bags very near it!! The house could have caught on fire! And to be honest, we probably couldn't get David out fast enough, much less all of my critters! So, we are kind of freaked out, at the moment!!! Something I am noticing, though, I think the devil is trying to undermine our faith, right now. First, Puffy died. Then the prognosis. Then the tree. Oh, and my mother-in-law fell the other night and is all sore and bruised up. Today she was going to pay a bill and her car won't start. And Cheryl, who washed our clothes a couple of weeks ago and has offered to do so again, well her dryer quit working!!! And on top of everything else, Teddie, the handicapable kitten, has been having digestive problems. Use your imagination! I want to yell "ENOUGH ALREADY!!". We will just have to keep on keeping the faith, regardless. And, pray that Christopher and Katie get here safely and that everyone who is traveling this week and next will be safe. We are expecting lots of visitors from out of town. We want to see them!
Okay, back to the visit. David was in quite a bit of pain this afternoon. Jeremy ended up going to the clinic with us, because his flight was delayed, so they got a chance to say goodbye (he is coming back in a couple of weeks, though). That gave some pain meds a chance to kick in, although moving him around caused severe pain. BUT, they did the first treatment and he actually could sit up a few minutes longer this evening, a little bit straighter in the recliner! Praise God! He will have daily treatments for about 3 weeks, Dr. Z said. Okay, works for me! And I know David felt a little better tonight because he kind of ticked me off a little!!!!!! There's a little bit more fire in him!! He went on to sleep fairly early, due to tomorrow's appointment, and I really should be asleep very soon, myself. Sleeping pill, here I come.
Oh, and all of this pain I am having? It coincides with the area where David is in pain. Why does that surprise me? We think the same thoughts, finish each other's sentences, know when each other is going to call. OF COURSE I am feeling his pain!! So, if he is in less pain, maybe I will be, too.
Anyway, Dr. Zachow was very very compassionate, listened to what we said, and just treated us with the utmost respect. I have a good feeling about him. And Sara, who works on the chemo side of the Cancer Clinic, is the only one working there this week, so she and I had a lot of time to talk, to sob, to talk some more, to cry some more. They absolutely love David Reid, and it just breaks their heart that this has happened. Hopefully, he will be able to walk again soon, and he can go over and visit with them. They have truly become friends, and I will so miss the support and humor that we looked forward to every week. They are what made chemo bearable. In fact, when David found out he was getting no more chemo, he immediately thought of the staff, and how he will miss them. This is just so hard, y'all.
Thank you all for your wonderful comments, too. They mean the world to me and the rest of the family. I feel that I have to write about this, it has been so very therapeutic, and it is so nice that it means something to someone else. I am truly blessed by the kind words.
Okay, tomorrow will be here way too soon. Oh, and I am going to have to wash this granny gown soon. It will soon be "grannyin'" without me before long!!!!! I really just want to wear it everywhere! It's green and red, it would fit in with the season!
Night, we'll talk soon.

5 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, November 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    THAT IS A GREAT PICTURE OF YOU AND DAVID.
    I AM GLAD DR. Z IS THE KIND OF DOCTOR YOU NEED RIGHT NOW.
    KEEP THE FAITH AND REMEMBER WE ALL LOVE YOU AND DAVID VERY MUCH!
    LOVE
    SUSAN
    HEY-WE HAVE SNOW IN THE FORECAST FOR THURS-GLAD I AM HEADING TO MS!!!

     
  • At Tuesday, November 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just remember God never gives us anything we can't handle. You and David are strong people and have overcome many obstacles already. Keep your Faith.

     
  • At Tuesday, November 20, 2007, Anonymous Katie's Ma said…

    Ditto on the keeping the faith stuff, but it wouldn't hurt to light some white candles around the house, to ward off evil spirits. Well, on second thought, in light of your attempt to burn down the house, maybe now isn't the time to light candles... Try to keep smiling. Love to you and David.

     
  • At Tuesday, November 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the picture of you and David! And with the tree,the handicap cat, the broken dryer...etc. what a Reid story. I love you guys. Your writting is great. All of you manage to turn bad events into humor! What a wonderful way to live life. Keep it up. Humor will always help. You are in my prayers. The girls and Charlie send theirs also. Tell Cheryl she can use my dryer!!
    love Nancy

     
  • At Tuesday, November 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What an awesome picture of ya'll!! I have to agree with my sis on the subject of your blog. It is truly an inspiration to read. It also keeps us connected to you & David and allows us to sort of "be there" with ya'll through all this. By the way, my entire "bunko babes" group is praying for ya'll and believe me, those are 12 women you'd want in your corner!!! Love ya'll! Jan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home