Tricia Dishes

Saturday, November 17, 2007

And so it begins......


Well, we are now with Providence Hospice. It is so surreal, all the conversations about stuff that nobody wants to talk about, yet it is an important part of life. To ignore it certainly won't prevent it. And it will make things, not so much "easier", but less complicated when the time comes and it will be needed. The nurses that came to the house were just angels, very loving, very compassionate. One gave me the paperwork to fill out, the other assessed David's condition. When she came out of the room, she had tears in her eyes, and said she was so impressed with the kind of man that David was, a man who was strong in his faith, reassured of where he was going, and was devoted to his family. Wow. What a legacy. NO one can be prouder than I am of David Reid. He is a wonderful husband, a fabulous father, and a kind and giving friend. And those friends are now showing him how much he means to them. We have had many phone calls today, many visitors, and this week we should probably just put in a revolving door, there are so many people planning to come by. He is trying to stay focused to visit with everyone, and we are going to do some cleaning up (Lawsey, everyone is coming into my bedroom!!! The horror!!) so everyone can be comfortable while visiting. We have already gotten a lot of delicious food, because let's face it, we're not going to cook. It is impossible to think about that. And yes, we have cried many tears, but we have also laughed some, too, and hopefully, that will continue for quite a while. While Erica is here, she is going to make ME go to the various doctors to get checked out, because I have not been able to do so for the last year, basically putting myself on the back burner. When I protested, David said he didn't want me joining him anytime soon, and I responded with, well don't GO anywhere any time soon!! If only it were that easy!!
Fuzzy is due in tonight. Erica needs him desperately. Jeremy, our "extra" son, is due in tomorrow and will stay one night, then come back later. Christopher and Katie will be in Wednesday, at some point. After the Thanksgiving week, Fuzzy and Katie will be going back to their respective homes, and our children will be staying here for the duration. It's odd, isn't it, it will be back to our little family of four, our family that has had so many good times, so much love, so many stories! We will be able to reminisce and, oh yeah, there will be sobbing, I have no doubt, but I also know that we will also have times of knee-slappin', doubled over, face hurting laughter! We have had some fun in this family!!
So, everyone, grab your loved ones, don't put off saying things that need saying. That is one thing about the Reids, we have always said what we feel, in fact, we just can't say them enough! Believe me, decades fly by just like THAT (snapping finger sound effect there). Enjoy, don't let stupid, petty things get in the way. It is not worth it.
I hope everyone will not tire of my posts in the next few weeks. I am going to write about what is going on, good and bad. Be warned. But know that I feel that this time should be recorded. Oh, and I guess the ending of my book won't be as hopeful as I wanted it to be. But who knows? Miracles DO happen and this is the season OF miracles! There is a Great Physician who CAN make things better and we certainly have called to make an appointment with him!!! There is still hope!
Have a great Sunday and know that I love you all and could not get through this without your prayers and support. Thank you.

10 Comments:

  • At Saturday, November 17, 2007, Anonymous sean said…

    I'm a friend of Chris and Katie. Please know that I'm praying for you guys constantly.

     
  • At Saturday, November 17, 2007, Anonymous Cheryl said…

    I love you and my candle is lit! Call on me for whatever! Take care of yourself, too. I will check in tomorrow. Mary and Healy and Daddy send their love, as does Kay from Wags.

     
  • At Saturday, November 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tricia, I am so proud of you and David. Cheryl has keep me posted between your blogs. Your faith and determination is a strong force. You will be able to face what is ahead. I am so glad your kids will be with you. Cheryl was telling me just last night what a unique family you have. I know you are very proud of your kids and the closeness you all have. You are all at the top of my prayer list. Love Pam G

     
  • At Saturday, November 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm not willing to give up hope. We are praying for you and your family. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    All our love,
    Leslie (green), Jamey and Nick

     
  • At Saturday, November 17, 2007, Blogger IPW said…

    I talk to Chris today, but I just want to remind you, if you need anything, just let me know and I will get it done.

    Ian

     
  • At Sunday, November 18, 2007, Anonymous Rebecca Rine-Stone said…

    Your "family" in Chicago is thinking of you all. We all love you all so much and wish we could be there to give you a hand, but please know you're in all our thoughts and prayers.
    -Rebecca R-S

     
  • At Sunday, November 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We never can give up hope and I wanted all of yall to know you are in my thoughts and prayers everyday.I am sending all of my good vibes for a blessed holiday season from Natchez not to far from good old Vicksburg =)

    Love,
    Amanda(Vance)Rick & Lizzie

     
  • At Sunday, November 18, 2007, Blogger Laura Sue said…

    This is Laura Wolfe, writing to let you know that y'all are in my thoughts and prayers BIG TIME right now. This all just boggles the mind. I will pray for peace and strength and as much laughter as possible these next few weeks.

     
  • At Sunday, November 18, 2007, Blogger mcerin73 said…

    Tricia--thank you for these updates and all the details they contain. You all are on my mind. Know that there are SO many friends here in Chicago who care muchly about each of you.--Erin C.

     
  • At Sunday, November 18, 2007, Blogger Mom. said…

    All our prayers are with the Reid Family. May you
    have a wonderful family Thanksgiving. Please give
    Erica a hug from me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home