Tricia Dishes

Friday, October 12, 2007

Good news!!!


Well, if David has a good night tonight, he can come home tomorrow!!! He has been fever free for about three days, yet has still been on oxygen and iv antibiotics and other treatments. HOWEVER, today, they switched everything to pill form, and said that if he needs oxygen, he will prescribe it. But it wouldn't be needed continually. We go back for another CT scan on October 25 so the doctor can compare all of the ones taken during this little expensive vacation. I came home tonight because I don't think my back could take one more night on that slab of a couch!! I am going to eat something, then soak in a hot tub, and hit MY SOFT NEW MATTRESS!!!
So, thanks for all of the kind words and well wishes. This was scary and it shows just how fast something can go terribly wrong. I think it has taught him, too, that he is not going to be able to ignore his body's warnings, and we need to jump on them to keep them from getting this far. Next time, we may not be so lucky! But we are shocked that he had to stay for so long! Even some of the nurses were like, you're still here? We have had a screaming lady in the room next to us for a couple of days, so that will not be missed!!! Most all of the staff has been extremely nice, and I hate that I won't get to say goodbye to some of them, but hey, I'll get over it!!!
Well, my gourmet meal of chicken pie and juice just got ready!!
Later!!! OH, and this weather is absolutely fabulous!! I am glad that David will be out tomorrow, maybe he can sit on the deck for a few minutes! That should cure him!!!!! Hopefully Scruffy will come up soon - I haven't seen him in over a week!!!
Happy Saturday, everybody!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At Saturday, October 13, 2007, Blogger Mom. said…

    This is great news. I guess being
    home will help in his recovery. They
    say there is nothing like your own bed, and TLC to get you back on your feet.


    Eileen

     
  • At Saturday, October 13, 2007, Blogger Jennifer Smith said…

    HOME!! What a sweet word! I hope David is covered up with animals right now- the best medicine EVER!! Love and prayers for both of you. Jennifer and Barry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home