Tricia Dishes

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

We're home!


Yessirree, we are back in Vicksburg. It is so muggy here, compared to the coast. We had an uneventful trip back, went through a few downpours, and then drove right back into sunshine. By the time we were a couple of hours away from home, it really got very pretty, weatherwise. Partly cloudy, but with late afternoon shadows, a breeze, very nice. But when I got back home and took care of the animals? GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY, it is hot!! But it is good to be home. Even being gone for just a couple of days really throws me off kilter. And I hate to unpack!!
Kathy and Rick were perfect hosts, as usual, and we just enjoyed visiting with them so much. David's conversation with his boss went very well, also, and I think the transition back to a work schedule will be handled very carefully. The company doesn't want David to do too much, too soon, and understands that he will be having chemo and the resulting side effects, every week. That is good, for everybody.
The kitten did very very well on the way back. After meowing at us for a couple of minutes, she went to sleep! At one point, we weren't sure whether she was just sleeping soundly or had died. Fortunately, she was just sleeping soundly.
I am sure that everyone has heard that Bo Diddley had a heart attack a few days ago. Well, it was announced today that his heart attack occurred while he was exercising. That's right, he was doing "Diddley squats" when it happened!!! I KNOW I KNOW!! I wish that I had thought of it!!!!!
That's it for now. Later!!

1 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, September 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    DIDDLEY SQUATS!! HILARIOUS! I AM LAUGHING AT MY DESK! I CAN'T REALLY SHARE THIS JOKE WITH MANY UP HERE-YANKEE'S DON'T UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF NOT DOING DIDDLEY SQUAT AND MOST WOULDN'T KNOW BO DIDDLEY FROM ADAM'S HOUSECAT...OH WELL...
    SUSAN

     

Post a Comment

<< Home