Tricia Dishes

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tuesday news


Well, today is the anniversary of the terrorist attacks. I didn't watch anything about it, because it is still very fresh in my mind, after 6 years. There is a big yellow ribbon with American flags on a hill just outside the National Military Park as you come into town, which was a very nice gesture. Thanks to all that put it out there. It was a nice, nonviolent reminder of a horrible day.
Also, late this afternoon, I saw my neighbor, Marian, and I asked her how she was. Not good, she said, Billy Bob died today. Now Billy Bob is her precious little bobtailed cat. Yes, he hissed at me a few times, but I forgave him! He had been sleeping a lot more lately, so much so that last week I called Marian to check on him, because I thought he was a little too still. As soon as she came out, he jumped up and I was relieved, so I was totally surprised at her news today. But he was fourteen years old, and he really had been sleeping all day lately. He will be missed around here. I hope he crossed the Rainbow Bridge and is playing on the other side. I don't mean that to be maudlin, I mean it to be optimistic, I really do.
The weather has turned gorgeous, still very hot during the day, but MAN OH MAN, it is absolutely perfect tonight!! I would go sit out on the deck and just enjoy the cool breeze, but I am tired and really think it would behoove me to go to bed now. So that is what I am going to do now.
Have a great evening!!

Picture of Billy Bob by Marian Phillips

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, September 11, 2007, Blogger Erica said…

    Oh no! Sweet Billy Bob. That makes me sad.

    I am thinking about you, Marian, if you read this.
    E

     
  • At Wednesday, September 12, 2007, Blogger Marian said…

    Thank you Tricia for the kind words about our Billy Bob and to you Erica. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness. It has been an emotional roller coaster ride for us. Thanks again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home