Tricia Dishes

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday, Sunday


Good afternoon, all, on this autumnal equinox. It is still really hot and muggy, but I am hoping that after the rain that is forecast for our area moves on out, we will have some bonafide, fall weather! I just love the colors, the crispness of the air, the blue of the sky, Halloween decorations, I JUST LOVE IT!
I am knocking on wood as I type this, but, BUT, I think my leg may be a tad bit better! It still hurts, but I haven't had to scream out in the last twenty four hours, NOR has it almost buckled under me. So, I still am thinking that it is a pulled muscle, from where the pain is and the fact that when I am off of it, there is absolutely no pain at all. Because I have not been in such agony, I have actually gotten lots done, clothes washed and actually put away, dishes washed and partly put away, gathered up the garbage and taken it out. Now, I would be lying if I said that walking up and down the stairs didn't hurt, but again, it is so much better, I have high hopes that in the next few days, it will be just fine. I am even going to try to cut the backyard sometimes this week, but I am not sure how that will go since it is so high. In fact, I was looking for my black and white kitty last night, and she was just crouched down in the grass, only the tips of her ears showing!!! It was so cute, but WRONG, because I am really afraid that an anaconda, or a garden snake, will run across my feet, and then, Bob's your uncle, I will drop dead!!!
Yesterday, David pretty much slept all day long, but he did have chemo on Friday, so that was to be expected. I was still hobbling around and decided to get a pot down from my pot rack and a Calphalon lid, very heavy, fell and hit me on the chin, where I now have a bump and a bruise! I am just very thankful that it didn't hit my teeth, my nose, or broke my glasses!!! And the stuff I ended up cooking? It wasn't great. Another reason to eat out!!!!!
Friday afternoon, Carolyn B., who has been living in North Carolina for the past year, was in town on her birthday, so she met me at the coffee shop for a little visit. Odds are that they won't be coming back to Vicksburg next year, as they had planned. I wasn't surprised at all, by that news. But it was good to see her, however briefly.
I just had a nice conversation with Lynda G. Lynda, we must talk again, and yes, David will call you later and was thrilled with your news! Ah, inside information..... sorry 'bout that, everyone else!!!
While I was talking to Lynda, I was out on the deck and IT IS SO HOT AND MUGGY!!! But it is lovely, I'll give it that. An anaconda waved his head at me from the yard, though. I flipped him off. He, having no arms, couldn't respond.
Tomorrow is the Lebanese dinner. Now, I have never gone to one, but David is really itching to go, PLUS Mrs. Nosser called and wants us to come when she will be there. So, we will be eating lunch there. I will let you know how it goes. I am a fried chicken kind of girl, so I don't know how much I will like this food, but I am willing to give it a try. It is similar to the food that I have eaten at Christopher's and Katie's favorite restaurant in Columbia, so I am kind of familiar with it.
Speaking of Christopher and Katie, they are now homeowners!! They signed the papers on Friday and he is so excited. He is busy in school, but his in-laws came down from Cape May (ah, Cape May) and they are painting today and doing some electrical work. They got a washer and dryer yesterday, a new bathroom sink, and it just sounds wonderful! I cannot wait to see it!!!!
Well, there is a loose dog walking around. My dogs, the rottweilers, and various other dogs are going berserk because of this dog. I don't know where a couple of outside cats are, so I hope they are just hiding now. I didn't let my other cats out today, though, because the male yp was in his yard. I just didn't need the aggravation.
I guess I had better go see what to do about this dog. Lawsey, it's always something in this neighborhood!!!!
Later!!
The above picture was taken last Saturday at John Black's house, where he, David, and Tommy Terry had lunch. Tommy is in the middle, John on the right, and of course, David is on the phone, talking to the "fourth muskateer", J. W. Hellums. A good time was had by all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home