Tricia Dishes

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

OWWW!!!


Okay, this leg thing is causing me the worst "intermittent" pain! It's like I am walking alongside, Matt Roloff, star of TLC's "Little People, Big World". We are just walking along, and then WHAM, he slams a knife into my thigh, then twists it, I cry out, almost fall to the ground, then he takes it out, and we continue walking a few feet, then WHAM, he does it again! What is up with that? Does that sound like a pulled muscle? I really do not know! My back is hurting more, could it be a pinched nerve? I don't know! I wish I could just stay in the recliner today, not do anything and see if rest would help it, but we have that appointment with Social Security today, and David is not feeling very well, so I will need to be with him. But if I have to drive, I don't know, it is my right leg!!! I've put heat on it, some cream on it (icy hot like stuff), rubbed it, and it is the strangest thing. When it is not hurting, IT REALLY IS NOT HURTING!!! But when it is, wow, I burst into tears last night, trying to get off the couch! So, what does this sound like to all of you "doctors" at home? Any suggestions? And yeah, I do need to go to the doctor, but David has an appointment Thursday, chemo on Friday, I really would like to try any alternatives at home before I head to the doctor, because you know they will have to do x-rays and all and I just do not have the time, nor the patience, for all of that foofarol. Is that how you spell "foofarol"? It's not in "spellcheck"!
And someone left an odd comment on my Jewish cat post. I think it may be spam, because I don't think it is a regular reader of my "column". If he or she was, they would realize that I just wanted to put a cute Jewish cat picture up, not debate the history of Rosh Hashonna,and I probably just totally spelled that so very wrong. Again, spellcheck doesn't have that word in it.
Well, I can't put off the day any longer. My granola bar is gone, my coffee is almost gone, animals are starving, so I had better be on my merry, yet painful, way!
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!! Oh, and any suggestions for abovementioned leg would really be appreciated!!! I need everyone's feedback on what to do. Thanky much!!

UPDATE: So, we have been to the SS office and have to go back to take the pathology report from David's last CT scan. Boy, is IT filled with good news. Anyway, I am reporting that my leg is a teensy weensy bit better! Of course, I am filled with ibuprofen, but when I took care of the critters today, I actually didn't scream and fall to the ground!! Last night was the worst of the pain, and I guess, and I HOPE, that that was the worst of it, and it will continue to improve daily. YAY! I was really getting tired of it and really was worried I would just fall down in a store, or something. I hope that I am not jinxing it by mentioning that it is better, though. I need to go knock on some wood!!! I did. I'm safe.
Later!!

3 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, September 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SOUNDS LIKE A PINCHING NERVE TO ME.
    LIKE THE PAIN DEPENDS ON HOW YOU MOVE.
    LOVE
    SUSAN

     
  • At Tuesday, September 18, 2007, Blogger Michele said…

    I'm sorry to hear about your leg. My husband suffers from that occasionally and the doctor told him it is from dehydration, believe it or not!! He does not drink water enough! The doctor told him he MUST increase fluid intake but if the leg cramping/pain does happen, drink a sports drink such as Gatorade or Sportsade at the time as it does contain Electrolytes and take Ibuprofen as you were taking for inflammation as well. 400mg to 600mg every 4-6 hours. Ice at the onset of pain for 20 minutes at a time and then warm heating pad for 20 minutes afterwards if pain and spasms did not cease. Sometimes it can takes 2-3 days before it got better! But yes, dehydration caused it in the first place. I hope this helps a little.

     
  • At Tuesday, September 18, 2007, Blogger wagsandpurrs said…

    Wow, that makes sense! I probably do NOT drink enough water, and it's been so hot, maybe that's all that it will take. Thanks! More water for me, please!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home