Tricia Dishes

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Iced tea, anyone?


Okay, here's the deal - we were gone from Sunday until late Tuesday afternoon. When we got home, there was a jug of tea, sitting by my laundry room door,on the concrete, no note, just a jug, not sealed, of tea. Now, I didn't put it there, obviously, so I assumed that Marian did, since she had been feeding and watering the cats. But, no, she didn't do it either. So, I called Cheryl. Nope, not Cheryl. Now. I don't want to jump to conclusions, or think the worst of someone, but, BUT, the yp's knew we were gone, they saw us leave. I don't trust them. And most people, if they knew us, would leave something on the table on the deck, NOT the laundry room door. AND they would have said something, right? This may be a perfectly innocent anonymous gift from someone, BUT I AM NOT GOING TO DRINK IT!!! I just find it ironic that this occurred while we were out of town. AND it would be quite easy for certain people to just run this over and not be seen. Now, that being said, there is probably nothing wrong with the tea, except it is probably sweetened (we like unsweetened, thank you very much!). But, would any of YOU READERS drink it? In this day and age of crazy people walking 'round with blood in their eyes* (thank you, Don Henley), I just feel that we should just pour it out, don't you? And since it was opened and not sealed, anything could be in it, couldn't it?
So, that is my dilemma, or, not really a dilemma, just a curiosity!!
Later!

*"All She Wants to do is Dance" Thanks, Susan for pointing out my typo!!! Spell check wouldn't have pointed it out, since "it" was spelled correctly!!!!!!! Thanks!
And, Dan, I wouldn't be surprised if a hobo or two walked around here!!!!

3 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, September 05, 2007, Anonymous Dan Telfer said…

    Hell no I wouldn't drink it!

    I think it could be an incredibly sweet gesture, but come on now. Hoboes have been tricking people into drinking pee this way for over 100 years.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You got to be kidding! I must agree with Dan. Don't know about the hobos but nay, I would not drink either.

    BTW I think it should be "All She wants to do IS dance".

     
  • At Thursday, September 06, 2007, Blogger Mom. said…

    In this crazy world today, you certainly would
    not want to drink the tea. Who knows what
    it really is.

    Better be safe than sorry.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home