Tricia Dishes

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Another movie review!!


So, we journeyed over to Clinton this afternoon, to go to the moving picture show!!! Vicksburg STILL does not have a theater. Which really sucks big time, if you ask me, and you didn't, but there it is, my opinion. We ate at Corky's before the show, as we had done last time, and the waitress remembered that we were going to the show then, also. The food was okay, the atmosphere was nice, and we were remembered. All in all, a decent meal. WHICH MADE ME SICK!! It's not their fault, I just shouldn't have gotten barbecue, but dang, it is a barbecue joint! But, after medicine, I was recovered in time for the movie.
The movie was "3:10 To Yuma", starring Russell Crowe and Christian Bale. It is a remake based on an Elmore Leonard story, a western, of course, good guys, bad guys, high morals, no morals, the heart of a good woman, lots of gunshots, blood, you know, the usual. With its two stars, I figured it would be easy on the eyes, too, but it was very enjoyable, a very good story with a few surprises, and I highly recommend it to everyone that enjoys westerns. Or Russell Crowe. You see, with Christian B. in it, I thought he would be the "eye candy" but Russell C., well, all I can say is he looked great on a horse!! And there was one scene, just his facial expression and what it conveyed, made me think that he needed to be nominated for an Oscar for this performance. REALLY good acting, all the way around, though. And the music was lovely. I mean, it's no "Superbad" or "The Simpsons Movie", but I enjoyed it thoroughly!!! And thank goodness it was no "Stardust", one of the worst movies that I have ever had to sit through. So, a big thumbs up from me!!
And thus ends our broadcast day. Have a good Monday morning. Oh, the ants got after me again this morning and I threw the scooper into a puddle of water, then got it and shook the ants off, then realized they were crawling on my neck and face, so then threw it down again, then wiped my face with my hands, at which time I smelled that apparently there had been poop in the aforementioned water, so now I had just smeared it on my face and neck and up into my hair. Good times, good times.....

2 Comments:

  • At Monday, September 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HEY THERE-MY POOPY-SMELLING SISTER-IN-LAW! I READ YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT THE BELL ON SCRUFFY'S COLLAR...AS HE IS A HUNTER, THIS WILL MAKE IT HARD HIM TO DO WHAT COMES NATURALLY, WHICH IS TO KEEP ALL THE MICE AWAY, SO YOU MAY WANT TO RE-THINK THE BELL. WE DID THAT TO OUR INDOOR/OUTDOOR CAT, SISSY, AND SHE WAS NO HAPPY. TOOK THE BELL OFF AND SHE CAUGHT A MOUSE AND BROUGHT TO THE DOOR FOR US TO SEE.
    LOVE
    SUSAN

     
  • At Monday, September 10, 2007, Anonymous Cheryl said…

    Ok, should your new name be "doo - doo head"? HA. Sounds like y'all had a good weekend. ALl I did was clean house and grade papers. Love you, C. S.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home