Tricia Dishes

Friday, August 10, 2007

The thing is.......


All right, a certain someone who had a birthday today, noted that I say that phrase (the thing is) a lot. But you know, the thing is, it works for me!!!!!! So, I am probably not going to stop saying it anytime soon!!! And honestly, I don't think I COULD stop saying any time soon. It could be a lot worse!!!! But, hey, thanks for pointing that out, okay!!!!
And, a Happy Birthday to Cheryl, (hmmm, could it be the above mentioned birthday girl???) and her daughter, Healy!! She (Cheryl) came to the coffee shop this afternoon, where she was given a little gift and a cheesecake brownie, with a candle on it! Yum, because I ate half of the brownie!!!!! The Nosser women were not there, but hopefully, Cheryl and at least a couple of the N. women will be able to meet up there some Friday afternoon. It was a lot of fun and she looked really festive in her red outfit. I just love red anything! Oh, and I got some sound financial advice from an English fella(sic) who has a shop across the street. Now I owe him a Dr. Pepper for payment. And it is just so neat to hear him talk, I might get him TWO D.P.'s!!
ANYWAY. We ended up staying past 5:30 today (it closes at 5!) , talking to Rusty, and finally, when Daniel's wife and friend came down, ready to go home, David, Rusty, and I took the conversation to El Sombrero's! And everyone, David is feeling so much better! It is like this week has been the upturn we have been waiting for, and I cannot tell you how fabulous that is! Of course, we had to go to the grocery store for us and both moms, and while David was getting stuff out of the ice chest that we put in the trunk (because of the ungodly heat, there is just no sense in it), he got stung in the back of the head by a wasp!!! Of ALL THINGS!! It swelled up pretty big with a wicked red rim around it, so he had to take something for the pain. At his mom's house we loaded it with Dr. Tichenor's, which helped tremendously. Luckily, within a couple of hours, the swelling had gone down and it stopped hurting. But wouldn't that have been a kick in the pants, if he had had an anaphylactic reaction, after all he has been through!!! It just added a little more excitement to the day!!!
Well, that is it for now. I hope everyone has a great Saturday. It is supposed to be 103 here tomorrow. isn't that swell
Night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home