Tricia Dishes

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The REST of the story

So, I mentioned about the little boy who offered to cut my grass in return for a kitten, right? Now I find out the rest of the story:
First, we ran our errands, both David and I almost blacked out a couple of times due to the heat, but we voted, picked up medicine for both mothers, took Norma to vote, got a wedding gift (while we were picking up medicine at Walmart), got the cats, got home around 4, after being gone for several very hot hours.
All right, I am sitting on the chair, trying to keep the sweat from dripping onto the newspaper, when I heard my dogs barking, even though I had the radio on fairly loud. Then there is a knock at the door. It is one of my neighbors, Johnny Flaggs, someone I have waved to for eight years, but never actually was introduced to. He tells me that he had a fifty pound dog of dog food stolen out of his carport today and that one of our other neighbors saw a little guy on a bike in there. The neighbor had been seeing this little guy around here a lot lately, and Johnny said that he had his weed eater stolen, and a few other, smaller things. He wanted to know if I had seen anything. I explained that we had been gone for several hours, but I told him about the kid this morning that had offered to cut the grass, blah blah blah. It dawned on me that this little kid asked me about dog food, asked if my dogs would bite (thank goodness, I said yes!), then he asked if we still had our electric lawn mower that he had seen David using before!!!!! THIS KID WAS CASING THE JOINT!!!!! I told Johnny that the kid lived on Markham, and that his name was Greg, and Johnny said that was enough, he was going to go find him !!! Before he left, though, I asked him if my dogs ever bothered him. Now he is right across from my dog yard. He said no, that they never have bothered him, that they don't bark unless there is something going on or someone walking down the street, like his rottweilers do, also. YAY! Another testimony in my favor, if it ever comes down to it ( I so hope it never will, though!).
So, if this kid shows up again, I am not going to give him a cat, not going to let him cut my grass, and I am going to tell him that he had better not be hanging around my yard. I did tell him that David was here most all of the time, and with school starting tomorrow, if he even GOES to school, he won't have quite so much free time. And I honestly do not see how he got a fifty pound bag of dog food on his bike, but maybe he has an accomplice!! I know this kid had a really bad reputation in the neighborhood a few years ago, but he was so nice today, I thought he had reformed! Apparently NOT!!!!
It just always surprises me when people are not nice and honest. I mean, I am not naive, I am not stupid, but I just can't understand people being mean and stealing other people's property!! Maybe I AM a little naive, but I guess I just want to find good in everybody. But I have found out, some people have good only when it is good for them!! Oh, and Johnny said that if we EVER needed anything, please give him a call and he will be glad to lend us a hand, which is what neighbors are supposed to do. That is nice. I sure hope he got his dog food back!!! He has two very big, very hungry Rottweilers!
Okay, that's it for now. I just wanted to share "the rest of the story"!

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, August 07, 2007, Anonymous Cheryl said…

    Hey! I shoo little Greg off whenever I see him in the alley. I hope I ever catch him near or in my yard. That will be it! Don't you dare cut that grass; I will get James to do it as soon as he can, ok? I only didn't get him to do it while C was home because I knew he could and would do it for y'all. Please DO NOT get out there is this heat and try to cut that grass! I mean it! I am calling James as soon as I finish this e-mail. Love you and wish me luck with first day of students tomorrow. Love you, Cheryl

     
  • At Tuesday, August 07, 2007, Blogger Marian said…

    Glad you told me about this little boy Greg. I think he has been to our door and Bob answered it...don't remember what it was about now. You are right...they are casing our homes. I hate that the neighborhood is coming to this. Later...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home