Tricia Dishes

Sunday, August 26, 2007

My new philosophy


There is a wooden stool in the coffee shop, "folk art", if you will, and it has a crude drawing of a black dog, with the words -
"Helen, Helen,
The kitchen is your dog,
And you pat it and love
it and keep it clean." Ann Sexton
Now, we have been seeing this for over a year, and the other day Rusty said, "What the hell does that mean?". I take it to mean that you should do just what it says, take care of your kitchen, just as you would your pet (Thank goodness you don't have to WALK the kitchen, however!). So, I have been making sure that I get the dishes washed, I "pat" the counters, and I use my Swiffer Wetjet every day, to keep it clean. And you know what? It feels good to walk into a well loved kitchen, instead of one where you feel the drudgery every day. It's just a mindset change, but it truly works.
Have a great Sunday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home