Tricia Dishes

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Hot Tuesday


Hey, everybody! What a hot day!! But aren't you glad you aren't the parent of the beauty queen in that YouTube video going around? Bless her heart, she's pretty. Lord. It is a frightening indictment of our educational system, isn't it? But I know she was nervous, and seriously, we probably would all sound like blithering idiots if we were in that position. But it sure is good for a giggle or two, isn't it??
I have been full of energy today, but now, at 5 p.m., I feel like I am slowing down. I honestly wish it was a cold, dreary day, so I wouldn't feel so guilty if I curled up in a blanket and turned on the television!! Those days are coming SOON, I hope, so I will deal with the unrelenting sunshine, for NOW, at least!
Scruffy has been sleeping on the trampoline lately. That is some kind of cute, I tell ya! Yvonne, Yvette, and Tommy are still on the premises. I don't know when they will move to their "forever" home. Today none of the cats wanted to go out, and the ones that did, came running back in after a few minutes. Same for me - I went out to sit on the deck and after a few minutes, I came running back in, too!!!
David is feeling better and better, thank goodness. He is definitely planning on returning to work on October 1. We haven't gotten any of the results from the blood work from last week, and of course, being me, it kind of worries me, but I need to take the "no news is good news" course, and figure they must not have gotten the results back yet. He is feeling so much better, looks so great, it has to be good news, don't you think? Yes, you do!!!
We are taking a little Labor Day trip this weekend. We will be visiting with our friends, Rick and Kathy, and plan to have a nice relaxing day. Tuesday morning, David will be having a meeting with his boss about his return to work, and then we will come home. Quick trip, but it should be fun. That will be a test of David's getting better, I think. And we are taking Teddie, the little handicapable kitty. I hope that won't be a disaster. I will let you know!
Well, that's it for now. Everyone stay cool!!!

1 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, August 29, 2007, Anonymous Dan Telfer said…

    So glad to hear David is being proactive and feeling so great. Just in time for the temperatures to come down, he'll want to go out more! Best of luck and health to you two!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home