Tricia Dishes

Monday, August 06, 2007

A great Monday


Good evening, all. Today we had a wonderful day! David, his mom, and I went to Bass Pro Shop in Pearl, ate one of the best hamburgers I have ever had, and then just wandered around the store, looking at stuff that we would never need or use in a million years!! It was the first time that Norma has gone somewhere in a while, and it was another chance for David to "hello, is it me you're looking for?" DAMMIT!!! Sorry 'bout that, I cannot control it. Anyway, it was a way for David to continue to build up his stamina, walking around, and not having the convenience of a bed to lay down on. We left there mid-afternoon and went to visit Norma's brother Cecil and his wife, Joy, in Clinton. That was a lot of fun, too, and it was so hot, I gulped down a cold can of Coke and ate a brownie right after we got there! Y'all, I just cannot stand this heat and according to the long range forecast, it is going to be over 100 degrees by the end of the week!! It hurts my brain to think of that!!! Thank goodness for air conditioning. And Cecil's house was so clean and cool and inviting to just sit down and talk. I really had a good time.

But today was, hopefully, a good start to a good week. Tomorrow we have elections, and I'm pretty sure of who to vote for, I pick up the two cats from the vet, you know, just normal stuff!!

I did a little more "Are you somewhere feeling lonely, or is someone loving you?" DADBURN IT!!! LIONEL, GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!! As I was saying, before I was rudely interrupted, I did a little more Christmas shopping today. I mean, when you see something that you had been wanting to get, at a price that is lower than anywhere you have seen, you HAVE to jump on it, and that is what I did. I am feeling pretty confident that I will be through with everything, almost momentarily!! And I found some unopened Christmas cards upstairs, and I had to fight the urge to go ahead and address them!! Doing Christmasy things keeps my mind cooler, I guess. Plus not taking the tree down for three years could have something to do with it, too!

I haven't slept for several days, so I need to try tonight, for sure.

Okay, on PBS this evening there is a show, hosted by Greg Brady, no less, with music from the seventies. I've been hearing it while I have been in here, but I just had to get up for this last song. I hope that it will overpower Mr. Ritchie in my head. "PLAY" "hello?" "PLAY THAT"
"I long to see the sunlight in your hair" "PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC, WHITE BOY!" YEAH, let THAT play in my head for days and days, I will be dancing all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just know, though, when I can't sleep tonight, and I get up to get in the recliner, you know what will be playing in my head. Give me strength.

All right. Oooh, Dobey Gray's "Drift Away" is playing now. Pretty nice, yeah, good times, good times .........

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home