Tricia Dishes

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Busy busy busy....


Well, today is chemo day. Christopher is taking his dad to chemo while I run to the drugstore to get the medicine he has to take today to help prevent nausea. I need to go to the store, to my mother's, to David's mother's, and then I would like to sit and visit with C before he heads back home to South Carolina tomorrow. Of course, what is the headline on AOL today? Tomorrow is one of the 25 most dangerous days to drive! They've apparently done a study that cites that August 3 and 4 are just as bad as holiday driving. Well, great. AND Erica and Fuzzy are flying to Oregon tomorrow!! I just might be a basket case until I find out everyone is where they are supposed to be, SAFELY!! Of course, C is taking Doozer home, which leaves two kits and the mom, so Monday morning, they are off to the vet to get fixed by Paws Rescue. They are just wonderful, helping me out this way, and I am keeping kitties from Death Row by reducing the cat population. There was a strange cat at the end of our driveway last night and Scruffy took out after him, chasing him through the yp's yard (I expected a shotgun, but the cats were fast!), and he came strolling back home after a few hours. I am hoping that Paws can find a home for the mom, whose name is now "Yvette" and the kits, "Yvonne" and little boy kitten. I don' t have a name for him yet.

Christopher and I cleaned up my bedroom yesterday, and by cleaning, we moved the dresser, cleaned all out from under it and on the wall, and then rearranged the furniture and it is so wonderful! It just opens it up, plus it hadn't been moved since we moved in almost eight years ago, so I feel that we will be able to breathe better now. I got enough hair out of the fan to make a small kitten, don't worry, I didn't make one, and when I turned it on last night it started rattling. I was like, well great, the dust and cat hair were holding it together, but after a few minutes, it settled down to working better than ever. I have gone through files and medical bills and they will be shredded today. We have put stuff that I don't use but about once a year in a closet downstairs. All in all, I feel good about the house. I wanted to wash the curtains, but you know, since I don't have to go down to the river and beat them on a rock, we still may get around to that this evening. Oh, and Erica, I found the collage picture frame. Your dad had put it somewhere "safe".

Well, I had better go. Everyone have a great day today!

4 Comments:

  • At Thursday, August 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    NAME THE BOY KITTEN "YAAKOV"
    SOUNDS CUTE!
    LOVE TO ALL AND CHRIS(TOPHER) HAVE A SAFE TRIP HOME!
    SUSAN

     
  • At Thursday, August 02, 2007, Blogger Erica said…

    I was going to suggest Yvan! Yvonne is an adorable name for mama cat.

    I am glad you found the frame.

    Travelling tomorrow is going to be awesome. Don't worry one bit!
    E

     
  • At Thursday, August 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HOW ABOUT "YODA" THAT WAY THE FORCE WILL BE WITH HIM!!
    JOEY COMES BACK TO THE STATES ON THE 16TH (AT LEAST THAT IS WHAT IS PLANNED RIGHT NOW)
    I CAN'T WAIT!!!
    S

     
  • At Friday, August 03, 2007, Blogger Brandi. said…

    Yvonne is my middle name! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home