Tricia Dishes

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Today, Thursday, the day before tomorrow, Friday


So, today was chemo day. David woke up very very dizzy, which concerned us, but his blood pressure was okay and his blood work came back perfect, so, he got his "drug hook up". I felt wretched. I accidentally took too much of my medicine and it was making me feel really bad, plus it was hot (have I mentioned I hate heat? Probably, huh?), so I came home and just reclined in the recliner, until it was time to go pick him up. He had a VERY bad reaction to the treatment today, so much that Christopher and I were just sitting in the bedroom with him. Finally, we gave him a sleeping pill, and then, I know it sounds weird, but we took him for a walk. He just put on his robe and his bandanna, got his walking stick, and off we went. He had to rest every few feet, and at one stop, Christopher started laughing and said that it looked like "the Bloods have got themselves a wizard!" That really made us laugh, because that is exactly what David looked like, a wizard! C called him "Dumbledad". We came home and he finally got to sleep and I am happy to report that he has gotten up feeling much much better! Like I have said before, we never know from one minute to the next how he is going to feel!! Today was just weird, though.

Yesterday, we ventured to Clinton to see the Harry Potter movie. It was very good and C and I enjoyed it very much. David was kind of zoning, as he is wont to do these days. We had planned to visit some antique shops but only got to one, because my jaw was throbbing and I had to drive, so I had to leave!! So much for our big outing!! David got in the bed when we got home (around 5:15) and didn't get up until 10 last night, just as I was getting ready for bed!! I wanted to read in the H.P. book, but could only manage a page or two. I am terrified I am going to find out something before I want to, so I am going to try to get this sucker finished by Sunday. As usual, the writing is excellent, so it just flows from page to page. The problem would be these middle-age, nearsighted, astigmatized eyeballs of mine!!!!!! I will persevere, I will!!!!!!!

Well, that's it for now. C is rearranging all of the photos on my computer, which kind of terrifies me a little, but I know it needs to be done. In fact, a lot of people pay big bucks for someone to do that to their computer!!! So, I'm getting off cheap!!! He'll just have to take my great love for him as payment!!!!!!

OH, SPEAKING OF LOVE - Can you BELIEVE that Erica and Fuzzy will be celebrating their first wedding anniversary this weekend? I cannot!!! A year ago, we were battling the heat, the mothers, trains, THE HEAT and here we are, still breathing a year later!!! Let's keep that going, okay? The happy couple plan a weekend trip to Wisconsin to eat at a special diner. Really. It sounds fabulous and I hope they have a fabulous time!!!! Congrats, you two!!! I love you!!

Okay, later! Have a great Friday!! And yeah, Fuzzy used the same picture on his post today!!! But it was certainly worth reposting on mine!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home