Tricia Dishes

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

This is getting ridiculous!!!


Okay, everyone! Just how dang long does a "tooth hole" hurt after the tooth is pulled??? It will be a week tomorrow and it STILL is so sore and feels swollen!! It feels like a crater up there, so I am chewing on the other side all the time, but IT JUST STILL HURTS SO MUCH!!!! Is this normal? Now, granted, he almost had to put his foot on my face to pull it out, and granted, that little tooth had been there for several decades, all nice and snuggled in, and granted, it is better than it was a few days ago, but COME ON! Part of me is worried that something is dreadfully wrong with my gum, that it will never heal, but again, I have never had a tooth pulled before, so this all may be perfectly normal. I am sorry to whine about it to everyone, though, but I need reassurance!!!!! I feel like I am sucking my cheek into a black hole!!! Not a good sensation.

Also, I am a little over 100 pages in the Harry Potter book. OH MY GOD. Some dreadful things have already happened, so I am really worried about the body count in this book. It is like a movie we watched the other night - a nice, sweet character died and we were so bummed out about it, even later on that night, KNOWING he was a fictional character!! So, when a certain someone died in this book early on, I felt the same way and was really upset about it! J.K. Rowling sure does know how to spin a tale. It just takes off a few weeks after the last book ended, and since it has been a while since I read the last book, she puts enough clues in the new one to catch you up to what you may have forgotten!! I wish I could write that way.

Speaking of which, I am muddling through my manuscript, but am enjoying putting it all down on, uh, the computer screen. I haven't gone back and reread anything, I am just pushing on through, writing it pretty much the way I write this blog!! Nothing may come of it, but it is good therapy. And I hope that someone reading my learn something that they can use. Who knows?

We have doctor appointments today. David just can't get any ooomph lately, but he did just have chemo for the first time in three weeks, so that HAS to be affecting how he feels. We went to Walmart yesterday and that wore him out, but then again, just parking in that parking lot wears ME out when we have to venture there! I bought a ton of pet food, because it is cheaper there, no doubt about it, so that was a chore bringing it all inside. I was completely soaked after just a few minutes. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate the heat??? I do, I do, I really do.

Everyone, have a great day today! Stay away from canned chili!!! All of these recalls are going to force me to have to actually cook again!!! I won 't mind so much WHEN IT IS COOLER!!!

Later.

4 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, July 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YOU MAY HAVE A DRY SOCKET-THIS IS WHERE THE BLOOD CLOT THAT FORMS TO FILL IN THE HOLE IS GONE AND AIR CAN GET TO THE BONE. CALL YOUR DENTIST OFFICE TO SEE WHAT THEY SUGGEST...
    S

     
  • At Tuesday, July 24, 2007, Anonymous Cheryl said…

    I totally agree with anonymous! That is the exact advice I was going to give you. I have had numerous teeth pulled, but I have never experienced a dry socket, but have heard about them and been warned about them by the dentist and the nurse. Be sure to call Don first thing in the morning. Is Christopher still here? Love you! Cheryl

     
  • At Tuesday, July 24, 2007, Blogger Marian said…

    Those were my thoughts also. I have never had one but Bob has. Call your Dr. in the morning dear!

     
  • At Wednesday, July 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HEY, CHERYL-ANONYMOUS IS ME-SUSAN-DAVID'S SISTER!!!
    I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN A LOT OF YEARS-BUT I HAVE WAVED AT YOUR HOUSE WHEN I HAVE VISITED D & T!
    HAHAHA
    SUSAN

     

Post a Comment

<< Home