Tricia Dishes

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Now it's July!


So, Erica has come and gone, but what a quick fun trip it was!! When we picked her up Wednesday morning, David felt well enough for us to stop at a few stores, which was so much fun, as I had mentioned earlier in an earlier post. We had fun the whole time, except my tooth is really hurting me badly again. I fear it must be pulled. Personally, I have been tempted to do it myself, but I am a big ol' chicken, plus it is at the very back, kinda hard to reach. Painkillers aren't doing too much to help, so first thing tomorrow morning, I call my dentist. Hopefully, he can work me in soon, but with the holiday smack dab in the middle of the week, who knows when I can get in there?? David doesn't have chemo this week, and with Christopher here, I don't have anything stopping me from getting there, whenever he can see me. I am ready to get this sucker OUT of my mouth for good!!

We took Erica back to the airport yesterday afternoon and she arrived safely back in Chicago. But poor poor Katie - she was flying to see her dad in Phoenix and her flight was cancelled! They rebooked her and I believe even it was cancelled, or terribly delayed. She was supposed to arrive yesterday morning, but didn't get there until 9 our time, last night!! But now everyone is safe and sound, where they are supposed to be. The airline industry is really losing its "attaboys" lately. Southwest seems to be the only one that is getting good reviews. I pity those who have to fly regularly. I mean, it is stressful enough without having the possibility of your flight being cancelled!!!

Linda and her family got back from their vacation in Florida last night. I went over daily to feed their menagerie - a macaw, an African grey, a parakeet, a cockatiel, a rat, well, actually a fuzzy white hamster, a bunch of fish, and a rabbit!! Lawsey!!! We had to take the rabbit to the vet for an injection on Thursday. May I say, that was one pissed off rabbit!! He wouldn't come out of his carrier when we got back to their house, and then turned his back on us. But he's a rabbit. He got over it when we gave him some carrots!! But they are home now, and I am relieved. The birds, rat, and fish were okay, but Lucky, the rabbit, was lonely and wanted to be played with. We would pet him but couldn't let him out to just hop around, so hopefully, he can hop a lot today!!! He is a cutie.

Oh, great. My handicapable kitten has peed all over the floor. Thank you, Teddie, I really wanted to start my day with that. I especially wanted to have to lean over so my tooth will throb more. How accommodating you are. Oh, I'm back and am happy to report that ALL of her functions are quite good. Then she crawled onto a rug. Thanks, again, Ted. I really wanted to do more this morning.

Which segues into - it has been a month since the last attack of the yp's. And even though I KNOW that no amount of reason would have been heard by the likes of them, that no matter what I said, it would have been shouted back at me like a child would do (I read an interesting comment on another site about a rude person - they said that they should "upgrade to adult"! I love that!), but one thing that keeps going through my mind is, when I was her age, NOT YOUNG, btw, I WAS working outside the home, but unlike her, who has a dog that probably eats out of a bowl on the floor, drinks water out of a bowl on the floor, and is walked 3 or 4 times a day, I was raising two children, who I DIDN'T feed in a bowl on the floor, who had homework, dancing, taekwondo, Girl Scouts, and oh yeah, I was a troop leader one year, admittedly, not a great one, but I tried. Of course, I NEVER want to have to speak another word to them again, but if I did, I would like to bring all of that up!! I am SO NOT IMPRESSED by anything that they do!!!! They work for the Corps and the school system. In Vicksburg, if you throw a rock up in the air, it is going to hit someone who has worked for the Corps or the school system on its way down!! Seriously. But I know I have the police and people with common sense on my side, so that helps. But I do hope that I NEVER have to hear another word that they say, EVER!!

Okay, I feel better now. I just had to get that out. It is quite disturbing to be screamed at like that, and it has stayed on my mind more than I wanted it to. Sorry to bring it up again.

Well, I have yet to take care of the outside critters and I am sure they are wasting away. I hope to lay low today, in this unbreathable hot weather. I hope that whoever invented air conditioning has a throne in heaven near God, because he, or she, certainly deserves it!!!

Have a great First of July!!

3 Comments:

  • At Sunday, July 01, 2007, Anonymous WonderGirl said…

    Tricia (can I call you that, or should I stick to "Chris's Mom"? Heh!)

    Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog! I am thrilled to have people stop by, it just makes my day!

    I've been reading your and Chris's blogs for a little while now, and have enjoyed catching up on the Reid family. I am encouraged by you guys- it's wonderful to see the support and love you obviously have for each other. I will keep David (oh, I should definitely be calling you guys Mr. and Mrs. Reid- this is just wrong!!) in my prayers.

    One last thing, then I'll end this marathon post... I love your writing. It's real, and entertaining, and ageless. I know I am virtually a stranger to you, but I certainly feel as if I know you here on your blog. You cross boundaries with your words - distance, age, circumstances - they all just fade away.

     
  • At Sunday, July 01, 2007, Blogger cap'n hardqore said…

    yeah, i worked for the Corps. blah.

     
  • At Sunday, July 01, 2007, Blogger cap'n hardqore said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home