Tricia Dishes

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Update on David


Well, we went to the eye doctor yesterday and luckily, David could read another line on the eye chart, a definite improvement since the last visit. He is still having shingle pain, though, and we are worried that with him having chemo four weeks straight, it will send his immune system back down and the shingles back up!!! He is still on the pain meds, though, and they mostly work, some of the time. And if that sounded ambiguous, well then you got what I meant!!!

Yesterday, the dogs started barking, as dogs are supposed to do, and there was the FedEx guy, stopped at the end of our driveway. I stepped out and here he comes, with this very pretty green box with purple flowers on it. I asked him what it was and he said "flowers", and I was like, what? who sent us flowers? I came in, opened them up, and REBECCA RINE-STONE!!!! You sweet, crazy thing, you sent us flowers!!! They are beautiful, pale pink long stem roses, that I have now put in a beautiful green vase. It is sitting on my mantel, so pretty and fresh and well, I have to say it again - they are so pretty!!! Thank you thank you thank you. And your note made me cry, as I am wont to do these days!!! It is nice to know that the world is mainly full of good people, that the not so good are in the minority.

We are going to try to eat lunch with David's mother today, then go to the grocery store for my mother, and pick up a few things for us while we are there. It is hot, I have a sinus headache, so, another one of my "I do absolutely nothing all day long" afternoons.

Speaking of doing nothing, the book is coming along, but Christopher wants me to put it in another word processing program or something like that! He said that the program on my computer is like using an abacus as opposed to a computer!!! Okay. I will just keep using what I am using until he gets here and helps me get this other program, because God knows, I don't know what to do to get it!!!

Everyone stay cool this afternoon, physically, mentally, and emotionally!!

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, June 06, 2007, Blogger Dan said…

    If the computer you're working on is also older, I recommend backing up your writing on docs.google.com just in case!

     
  • At Thursday, June 07, 2007, Anonymous Rebecca Rine-Stone said…

    Glad you got the flowers! Just wanted to remind you you've got a world of cheerleaders on your side. Here's a website I came across you might enjoy: soggypaws.com...once you're there click on "grooming" and then scroll down and click on "before and after grooming photos." I'm a sucker for dogs too so I literally was crying looking at these pics b/c I wanted every last dog. Anyhow, have a great day and go wash that neck of yours.
    love, Rebecca Rine-Stone

     

Post a Comment

<< Home