Tricia Dishes

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tuesday afternoon......*


Well, several people have commented on how I haven't updated my blog in the last few days. Here's the scoop - I have had a nauseating, dizzying, sick headache for several days that just didn't go well with a computer screen!!! I have been having this headache for about six weeks now, but it would eventually go away. Not this time!! I have been so dizzy that it has scared me to drive, and I am the only one driving in this household these days! So, it got so bad today, that while we were in the waiting room for one doctor this afternoon, I called the other doctor and asked if I could "piggyback" onto David's appointment. Thankfully, they said yes. So, now I am taking a painkiller, anti nausea medicine, and a high powered antibiotic!!! We really ARE paying the pharmacy's electric bill, I think!!! The doctor thinks that I am having migraines along with having a sinus infection, which is what I thought was happening, too. And friends, you KNOW I cannot get sick. Oh, and I think I may have a little stress going along with that, too.

Onto David now - this past weekend, we noticed that the time between him taking painkillers was a little less, which concerned us. So, we were not really surprised when the eye doctor said that the shingles were very active again, in his eye, which has made his vision worse. It was quite disheartening that he couldn't read the eye chart today, when two weeks ago it was obviously better and he could read more lines than ever. The doctor wrote a new prescription for another antiviral, stepped up the eye drops, and we have to go back in a week. At the next doctor's appointment this afternoon, the doctor upped the nerve pain pill, and we also have more painkillers than usual. So, there you go. He has chemo on Thursday, so hopefully, that can go on as scheduled, although if he is in a lot of pain, Pam, the nurse, is hesitant about giving it to him. We just won't know until we get there. Day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute.......

My stomach is churning and I am breaking out in a sweat, so I better get in bed. Hopefully, I can write more tomorrow, and that this medicine is working for both of us.

And of course, I HAD to put a cute cat picture on here. It just makes me happy!!

Night!
*Thanks, Moody Blues

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home