Tricia Dishes

Sunday, June 24, 2007

It's Sunday morning. I don't have much to say today. I've taken care of the animals, and am on my second cup of coffee. One of David's oldest friends is coming over this afternoon. I honestly do not know whether or not I have met him!! I have heard of him for decades, but I don't think that our paths have crossed, so I am anxious to meet him finally. And tomorrow evening, Christopher will be here! And then Wednesday morning, Erica will be here!!! Busy, busy week!!
Oh, and we watched the movie "Pearl Harbor" last night - the effects were very special, indeed! It really was chilling to watch, knowing that this actually happened. Yeah, the love story part was predictable, but that did not detract from the seriousness of the film. Watching the bonus features and how they did the "attack" was amazing, and very interesting, as well. It is unbelievable how much work and expense goes into a minute of film, but it was well worth it because it really did look authentic. And they had actual Pearl Harbor survivors interviewed, which was very very emotional. These are very old men, who teared up mentioning friends that were lost on that day. How can someone ever get over something like that? And they were kids when it happened, totally unexpected on a beautiful December Sunday morning. Lives were changed in an instant, much like 9/11. Almost sixty six years later, it still hits hard. It is a long movie, but I recommend it on a long summer night. The musical score is beautiful, reminiscent of the score to "The Right Stuff", some of the most beautiful music ever. And have some Kleenex ready - it is a tear jerker (how can it NOT be??)!!
Okay, that was my movie review for the day!! Everyone have a great afternoon!!

3 Comments:

  • At Monday, June 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I GIVE UP-WHO IS THE MYSTERY FRIEND???
    I AM GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU BOTH ARE FEELING SOME BETTER-I HOPE THAT CONTINUES.
    HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT PEOPLE GOING TO A DOCTOR THAT USES BEE STINGS FOR PAIN, SUCH AS FOR SHINGLES??
    I WAS WATCHING SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ON TV YESTERDAY...PEOPLE SWEAR BY IT...
    LOVE TO ALL
    SUSAN

     
  • At Monday, June 25, 2007, Blogger wagsandpurrs said…

    It was Eddie Grant and he stayed for five hours!!! It was a really good visit.

     
  • At Monday, June 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow-haven't seen him in years-of course-i haven't lived there for 10 years...but anyway-i'm glad ya'll had a good visit.
    s

     

Post a Comment

<< Home