Tricia Dishes

Friday, June 15, 2007

Cats are SO BAD!! And they don't even care!!!


Okay, first off, this is a picture of Scruffy that Fuzzy took while they were here a couple of weeks ago. But I haven't seen him since yesterday morning!!!! He is probably on his walkabout in the neighborhood, but I need his "laid backness" everyday!! All right. Yes, I worry too much about cats. I have figured out, though, that my worry about the cats is a defense mechanism to keep from worrying about the more pressing matters in our lives. So, indulge me! The cats certainly don't care that I am worrying about them!!!

Speaking of those more pressing matters, David had a rough rough night last night. He had chemo yesterday, but I, too, was sick as a dog, and the nurse was hesitant about even letting ME drive!! The heat, my sinuses, my stomach, THE HEAT again, all were conspiring against me feeling decent yesterday. I went to get my hair cut and then ran into Kroger to pick up something for my mother and I kept dropping my keys. By the third time I dropped them, I was starting to black out every time I leaned over. THAT'S NOT GOOD. Finally, after much cursing, I got out of the store, but the car was so hot. I hate heat. I finally got back to the Cancer Clinic and since the crowd had already left, I got one of the Barcoloungers and tried to get to feeling better. One of the nurses gave me something for my head, and I think it may have worked, although if it did, it didn't kick in until late last night. Today, thank goodness, I feel pretty decent, but it is also very cloudy, which has kept the temperature at a reasonable degree. It is too early to be having almost 100 degree weather!!! I mean, DANG, technically it is still spring!!! Okay, I digress - David was very sick last night, severe headache accompanied by severe nausea. Today he isn't too much better, but he wants to try to go to the coffee shop this afternoon. The problem is, we need to go soon and he is sound asleep in the bed. Personally, I think he needs to remain snoozing. But I will give him the option and will take him anywhere he wants to go. It may do him good.

Does anyone want little kittens? I have three to give away, PLUS the mother cat, who really is a sweetheart. I think she was put out when she got "with kitten", because she acts like a pet. I guess I can't UPS one to anyone out of town, though, can I? Oh, well......, it was a thought.

That's it for now. Have a great weekend, everyone!
Update:
So, we go to the coffee shop. The Nosser women are not there, but Christy and Jerry are, so we had a wonderful time visiting with them and drinking our delicious beverages. Then David and I went to Billy's because David was craving spaghetti. We had a very nice meal and then headed home. There was that bad boy Scruffy, laying out on the sidewalk like he was dead!! Seriously, he was just flat on the sidewalk in front of our house. He didn't even budge when we drove by!! When I went up there after parking the car in the carport, he just looked up at me as if to say, "oh hey, I am just going to lay here as dead looking as I can"!! I grabbed him and he just looked at me, again, as if to say, "oh, you were worried?". Cats. Gotta love 'em.
David is feeling semi decent now, but I am about to go to bed. I feel like I have been up for days!!! Night!!!!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home