Tricia Dishes

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Update on David


All right, we knew it wouldn't be a quick fix with shingles, but he, at least, now has pain meds that actually take the edge off of the pain. He had a kind of rough night last night, but finally settled down in the recliner with pillows and blankets all over him. This morning, he was like "I can't sleep all day" and Christopher and I were like "yeah, you can" because that is what he needs to do to not be in pain. It is going to be a long road, but at least we are going down it, ever so slowly!!! The oncologist nurse called today and they rescheduled his chemo for next week, so hopefully, the cancer won't have a chance to go crazy!!! She said that shingles are very common in cancer patients, due to the suppressed immune system, plus all of the chemicals that are used in chemo. Kind of a double edged sword!!!


But a little while ago, before he went back to sleep, he said he wanted cake, so I had a yellow cake mix and just took it out of the oven and I have some cream cheese softening on the stove for the frosting. Let him eat cake!!!!!!! Of course, Christopher and I will eat cake, too!!!!!!

Also, he and I went to Walmart today. I hate Walmart, but they do have good prices and with Christopher here, I took advantage of loading up on cat and dog food. I still need cat litter, though!!!! Well, we can get that tomorrow. While we were gone, though, David's mom came and "son sat", as she called it, so I didn't have to worry about him being alone. Too bad these cats can't do anything to help him. Them jumping on the bed is NOT what he needs!!!

Okay, that's it for now. Have a great evening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home