Tricia Dishes

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

They are at it again....

So, this afternoon, the neighbors came over and proceeded to scream at me, using obscene language, and threatened me, pointing fingers and everything and, calling me "darlin'", because they are yp's and they need their sleep. They don't care that David is sick, they made sure I knew that several times, and when I made the comment that I had actually thought about coming over this morning to share a cup of coffee with the female yp, she informed me that she would NEVER EVER have a cup of coffee with me. I said, fine, you can hate us, I really do not care. Marian heard it and called me this evening about it and said she was surprised at how they sounded. I told the male yp that I had thought he was nice, that if I ever needed any help that I could call him and he shook his head and said no, I couldn't. These are people with a "Jesus Saves" sticker on their mailbox, folks. And she was really mad that I didn't raise my voice, in fact she even said "I could stand there all passive" - it just made her madder.
So, I then went to Walmart and bought a shock collar for the dog. I then stopped back by their house and talked to the myp, and told him that I didn't appreciate being cussed at, and threatened by his wife. He took up for her talking about how they could never get sleep and the reason that it was okay that she screamed at me was because they had asked us before (2 years ago). Oh, they had to bring up that my dog "attacked" theirs, when I mentioned that their dog barked, too, it was okay, because she was trained to bark when someone walked by. Hello? Same thing. When my dogs bark, someone is on the street, but again, that doesn't make any difference. And we have a "dog pound". And they hate the cats. And the fyp said that "I must have my nose pressed against their house to hear their dog bark", which is something that a ten year old would say, isn't it?
And, when I showed him the shock collar, he said it was the other dogs, too, and I said, well let's see if this works and maybe they won't bark as much either. For the record, there are 9 other dogs in pens outside, but they only bark, they say, when my dogs bark.
So, my problems are not important, not near as important as theirs. All I can say, is what goes around, comes around.
That's my Wednesday evening. Whooppeee, ain't life grand.

Oh, and darrrlin, if things aren't resolved by the middle of next week, she is going to call the authorities on us. And, I should mention that she was pointing her finger at me, stabbing at the air. Yeah, nice people......

9 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, May 30, 2007, Blogger Erica said…

    This really really sucks. But you know what? They aren't our problem. Clearly, it is them and not us, and as stressful as they are, and as awful as they are to deal with, we can try our best to ignore them. We can't be responsible for their happiness, only ours, and with everything that we have going on, we have to put us (you and dad) first. So we'll practice non-violent non-cooperation and not stoop to their level. You've already proved that it drove them nuts when you were calm, so I say, we don't answer the door if they come to it, and we hang out on the deck and grill out and have fun as planned, and if they try to talk to us about it, we ignore them. If they walk onto our property, we call the police. Because they are threatening you, we have every right to get a restraining order or to press charges if neccessary to keep them out of our business. It is absolutely ridiculous to complain about barking dogs in a dog-heavy neighborhood. And you are right--what goes around comes around, and they have something bigger coming their way.

    I am so glad we'll be there tomorrow. I just want to protect you from all the bad.

     
  • At Wednesday, May 30, 2007, Blogger wagsandpurrs said…

    Yeah, Linda is all about a restraining order, too. And yes, we will be on that deck every minute that we can!!! It bothers me, but I've had a lot happen in the last two years and, while their threats about my animals do bother me, I agree that they really really must be unhappy people. I wish I was extremely wealthy and could just buy their house and they would go away!!! And I really wish that karma would go ahead and strike, but that isn't good to say, either!!!I am better than they are, I am taking the high road. I love you!! See you tomorrow!!

     
  • At Wednesday, May 30, 2007, Blogger cap'n hardqore said…

    wow, now that is pretty ridiculous. i mean, hey, at least i just got punched in the face and was able to put it behind me... yeah, you've got to just let go of that stress. nothing will make them happy. so, the best thing to do is just keep on being nice and calm. i seriously can't believe they actually talk to you like that. stay strong - they'll eventually move away.

     
  • At Thursday, May 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey, i can't believe these people-it boggles the mind that they are so hateful...kind of makes you want to have a doggy parade come right down your street....hahaha!
    oh-i know-at Christmas, you have to decorate with dogs and have the doggy version of Jingle Bells playing from a loud speaker all day long !!!!or get fake dog poop and put in different spots in their yard...
    oh my Reid humor is working overtime up here!!!
    love to all
    susan

     
  • At Thursday, May 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW! Where are these people FROM?? No Southerner would start that kind of confrontation. Put the police dept. on speed dial and call them the next time you see or hear them! Just BBQ and smile and wave all weekend!!
    Love y'all!
    Melissa

     
  • At Thursday, May 31, 2007, Blogger wagsandpurrs said…

    And for the record, she said that I do "absolutely nothing" all day long. Yeah, right.

     
  • At Thursday, May 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gross, gross....oh, and gross! What the hell?! I understand people lose their cool once in a while, but this neighbor of yours is ridiculous. But Erica's right, ya gotta kill 'em with kindness. She obviously is an unhappy person. Why did she say you do nothing all day? You obviously have a lot on your plate--besides, how is this any of her business? Dude, you can sit around naked all day eating ice cream off David's bottom if that's what you care to do. In fact, I hope you do that! Good luck to you in handling this. Take a deep breath and remember that she's struggling with something and what she needs is some love. Not to say I wouldn't like to bitch slap her, but you get the point. -Rebecca Rine-Stone

     
  • At Thursday, May 31, 2007, Blogger Dan said…

    Very calmly tell her that you hope Jesus can save her leg when it gets caught in a bear trap the next time she steps on your property.

    Then file the restraining order.

    Whoopsie doodle!

     
  • At Thursday, May 31, 2007, Blogger Dan said…

    Or, (to the man, while gesturing to the woman):

    "At least I don't keep bringing my dogs to your front door."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home