Tricia Dishes

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Shingles are the pits! Oh, and Happy Mother's Day!!


Okay, not the kind of shingles you put on your house. Those are necessary. I am talking about that chicken pox virus s.o.b. that stays in your spinal cord until it decides to rear its ugly head as its evil cousin, the shingles! David's forehead, down his nose, onto his eye, is just covered with this horrible blistery red skin!! He has hardly gotten out of the bedroom all day long, and has to take the pain medicine every few hours. And being a cancer patient, we are very concerned that he will never completely be free of shingles, because once it occurs, well then it can come back any time it wants. The ONLY good thing about it is that it enables me to have both of my children here for Mother's Day, the first time that has happened in years and years! Christopher has been an absolutely godsend. I do not think I could have handled doing what all has needed to be done without him. There have been a few times, late at night, that I just really start swaying because I am so tired, and Christopher is right there, taking care of his daddy, and everything is okay!! He is coming back from the airport this very minute with Erica, whose flight got in 9ish tonight. He leaves Monday, she will be here until extremely early Saturday morning. Then it is just us. I am not looking forward to that! But they both will be here at various times over the next few months, which will be wonderful for both of us. And a special thanks needs to go out to their spouses, Katie and Fuzzy, who have been so generous and understanding of the situation. I am just so very grateful that Christopher and Erica married such fabulous people!!!

So, all of you who are mothers, have a great day tomorrow!!!! You deserve it!!!

1 Comments:

  • At Sunday, May 13, 2007, Blogger IPW said…

    Remember, if you need anything, just give me a call. I keep strange hours, so anytime is fine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home