Tricia Dishes

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Report on David


Well, here's the deal, we did NOT see the doctor this afternoon as we had planned. We got there thirty minutes early, they called David for blood work, right away, then a nurse I had never seen before called us into the room about ten minutes later. Instead of going to the exam rooms, she took us straight to the treatment rooms, so I thought, okay, chemo today. It turns out that Dr. Graham had had an emergency at the hospital, so HE WASN'T EVEN THERE!!!! They had put us in a treatment room "just in case" Dr. G came in and decided that David needed to have one. But he never came. The nurse was very attentive while we were describing the whole shingle situation, then she went and called the doctor. A little while later, she came back in and said that they were skipping chemo today (hooray!!) and we are scheduled for treatment for the next four Thursdays, then the fifth Thursday we will get the CT scan and will, hopefully!, see the doctor. So, basically, we had a complete waste of time this afternoon because EVERY BIT OF THAT could have been done here at our very own Cancer Center!!! It was extremely tiring, and very rough on David. And I am terrified of driving in Jackson, but I actually did okay, and we arrived home late this afternoon in one piece. Then the madness didn't stop - the Schwan man came, Frank came to get some equipment from David, and here it is, 10:30, and I cannot believe that I am still up!!!! I walked out, too, wondering what on earth music was playing so damn loud outside, and it was Pomp and Circumstance! I had forgotten that tonight was graduation! The traffic was pretty bad afterward and at one point, the obligatory police car was down on Polk Street. Just a normal night!! But then Frank left, and may I say that it has been good to have him visiting, good for David and good for me to have someone else to talk to!! He's a good guy. Just as he was leaving, though, David's mother called all upset because we hadn't called her when we got in, but I had to explain to her that I hadn't called ANYBODY yet, mainly because there was really nothing to tell, I was exhausted, David had gone straight to bed, and we had had company!! I am only one person!! I think she understood that we weren't neglecting to call her on purpose. And normally I call on the road on the way home, but with me driving, that didn't happen. David didn't feel like talking to anyone, either, so it never crossed either of our minds to call on the way home. Of course, I was just trying to keep us alive in the traffic!!! I did.

So, that's what's going on here. I hope that we can go to the coffeeshop tomorrow afternoon. And since it is a holiday weekend, I hope that we can do something "holiday-ey", ourselves!! I hope that everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, as well!!!

Oh, I have no idea who that woman is in the picture, but I thought the patriotic cat was appropriate for the holiday!!! I would just so love to see a flag cat walking down the sidewalk!
Have a great Friday!!!

2 Comments:

  • At Friday, May 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    man-i'm tired just reading your blog. try to relax and enjoy the weekend and don't worry about Mama-she is just sitting on the panic button, you know.
    love
    susan

     
  • At Friday, May 25, 2007, Blogger Marian said…

    Glad you both made it back home OK. If you need me...I'm right next door! Hugs, Marian

     

Post a Comment

<< Home