Tricia Dishes

Monday, May 21, 2007

Monday morning in Vicksburg


Good morning, all. It is a lovely day today, but I can tell it is going to be hot by this afternoon. I am just not ready for that kind of weather. Yesterday was perfect, low humidity, breezy, blue sky - that would be perfect summer weather. But in a couple of weeks, it will be too hot to even sit on the deck, except at night!! And you would think I would be used to the heat, but no, it gets worse every year. So, here I am complaining about the weather, and not doing anything about it! I am such a cliche!!

Well, we DID get to go see Spiderman Saturday afternoon!! We drove to Clinton, grabbed a bite of lunch, then went to the movies, just like the good ol' days!! The movie was okay - it was just nice being somewhere other than here or a doctor's office! Then we ran to the sad sad Metrocenter Mall to grab my free goodies before the coupons expired. David got very very tired, and by the time we got home around 6:30, he pretty much was ready for bed. The chemo side effects are still under control, but the shingles are still causing pain and they are now itching ferociously! His hair was thinning due to the Camptosar (chemo crap) and where the shingles went up onto his hair, the hair is gone. It looks like an airplane strip!! He is embarrassed by it and is worried that it won 't grow back, but that is the least of our worries, I think! He can wear a baseball cap and if anyone complains, well he can just whip it off and make them feel one inch high!!!!!!

I need to take Norma to get her last eye lasering done this morning. I have had a headache myself for a few days, but I believe mine is sinus related. I have to be careful about how many Benadryl's I take, though, or we will end up in a ditch and that is never a good thing.

So, that is pretty much all I have to say, at the moment. Tonight is the season finale of Heroes, and I am really looking forward to that. Whooo hooo, it is excitement around here, isn't it????

Have a great Monday!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home