Tricia Dishes

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!


First off, I hope that everyone will get to eat some Mexican food today. I am pretty sure we won't, but we can pretend!!

Okay, so I go to get my mail. What should be in the mail but a jury summons, for me to be in Jackson by 8:30 a.m. on June 12. There is no way, under the bright blue sky, I can do that!! For one thing, I would be afraid to drive our car to Jackson, especially alone. But more importantly, I cannot leave David alone! We have NO idea how he will be in over a month's time. I do so much for him all day long, because he is too weak or sick to do it himself, i.e. food, getting his medicine, etc. You know, all that fun "caregiver" stuff!! So, I sat down and wrote them a letter immediately, and just caught the mailman as he passed by the house, so they should be getting it in the mail Monday. I think things are going okay, and then these little monkey wrenches get thrown in and it absolutely boggles my mind. And believe you me, it takes very little to boggle my mind these days!!!

But another thing is, I feel that there should a professional jury pool, people that want to be on the jury, and that is what they do, and they are happy to do it. I know that our founding fathers wanted it to be a "jury of our peers" and the government pulls names randomly from the voter files, but, like in our situation, there is no WAY I can go. I put the doctor's name, phone number, and address in the letter, in case they don't believe me, and hopefully I will hear Monday that I am excused. But even if I lived over in Jackson, we didn't have cancer in our midst, and I was able to go, I am pretty sure it would interrupt something!!! I know that is why they probably send out these notices to hundreds of people because not everyone could drop everything and go sit on a jury. Even at 40 bucks a day!! But, that being said, there is absolutely no way I can go. I just didn't need to get that summons today!!!!! It just adds more stress to an already stressful situation. I really don't need any more, thank you very much.

Well, that is all for now. I actually did wash the dishes today!!! HOORAY!!!! That might be it for several days, but at least for now, they are clean!!! But yesterday David and I had a chance to talk, something we haven't really been able to do a lot of lately. And I never took off my nightgown, all day long. I did have a tee shirt dress over it, but I can't remember ever doing that before, at least for all day!! You know, the world didn't end!!!!

So, everyone have a great Saturday. Don't eat too many enchiladas!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home