Tricia Dishes

Monday, May 28, 2007

Counting our blessings, for a while


So, here it is, the evening of Memorial Day. It was a quiet day here, David pretty much spent it in the bed. I, on the other hand, really was inspired to get some work done. I washed dishes, several loads of clothes, cleaned the ceiling fans, vacuumed, you know, all of the stuff that piles up. Then this afternoon I went to my sister's for supper. Very nice. I was in a pretty good mood. All in all, I was feeling very blessed and content. Then I came home. I walked in and was greeted with warm air. Really warm air. I hate being hot. I really do. The air conditioner is barely working. So, first thing tomorrow, we have to call someone, and hopefully they will be here tomorrow. And hopefully, it will be fixed fairly easily and cost efficiently. Erica and Fuzzy will be here Thursday and they will not be able to stay upstairs with no ac, they would suffocate. As I am, at the moment, with sweat dripping off of my face and down my neck. Now, why couldn't this (expletive deleted!) Trane unit break down in the winter? I have plenty of blankets. We could stay warm enough. But of course, the first official weekend of summer, hooray! And if I sound really ticked off, well I am. David is not any better, he has chemo the day E and F arrive, hopefully, with no problem, both with the chemo and the plane. I just really really am emotionally drained, and had felt really optimistic today. Now I am just hot. And yeah, yeah, I know things could be a lot worse, and yeah, yeah, I should not be complaining about something so trivial, and yeah, yeah, we have it so much better than a lot of people, but I AM HOT! I HATE BEING HOT!! And this will be a who knows HOW expensive extra that we weren't counting on! And again, I know you can never "count" on things always being so good, but hello? Shingles, anyone? Stage IV cancer for three years and counting? I think I got the "never can count on good things happening" part down pretty good. I GET it, already!!

All right. I am sorry for bitching. I didn't do it so anyone would feel sorry for us. I just needed to vent to keep my sanity!!! David has already told me that he doesn't want to hear how hot I am all night. I might as well tape my mouth up, because that is all I am going to feel like saying!! The cats don't care. They will just crawl under something and go to sleep anyway. And if I complained to them, all they would hear is "mwah, mwah, mwah, CAT, mwah, mwah", well, you get the picture. BTW, that was the Charlie Brown adult sound I was trying to get across.

So, that's it for now. I hope to report good news tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed, okay?

I guess I can be very grateful that this didn't happen in July or August. At least it isn't in the 90's at night, yet!!

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, May 29, 2007, Blogger Erica said…

    Damn that sucks! Hang in there. And let me know what I can do. We will be there very soon to take care of y'all. I love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home