Tricia Dishes

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Angels among us

Okay, this is an unbelievable story, but every word is true. David had chemo today, but they were so crowded I left to run some errands. When I got back there to pick him up, the nurse said it would be at least another 45 minutes, so I grabbed a Diet Coke and headed to the waiting room to look at a magazine. Sara, the receptionist (she is so much more, actually!!) handed me what she normally hands us every time we leave and said that it was our receipt. I said David wasn't through yet and I was just going to sit out there and read and she again used the word "receipt". So, I took it and she then said that our account had been paid in full. I'm sorry, I heard the words, but didn't understand what she meant, so she then told me that someone had come into the clinic earlier today and paid off our bill!! By this time I am stumbling and crying and seriously, if a Brontosaurus had come in for a treatment, I would have been less surprised!! I asked who it was and she said she wasn't supposed to tell me, that she didn't know her name, so I asked her wasn't the name on the check and she said that it had been paid for IN CASH!!! And folks, we're not talking a couple of hundred bucks here. We, of course, have been trying to figure out who it could have possibly been, but we don't know. All I know is that this is a wonderful gift and whoever did it is truly an angel. And now I just started crying again!!! With David not working now, we really don't know what is going to happen financially, and not having to worry about this bill is a blessing, for sure. One day I hope to be able to do the same for someone else.
So, we are absolutely blessed, every day. A big thank you to our generous benefactor. I am still in shock.
Everyone have a wonderful Friday. We plan to do just that!!

4 Comments:

  • At Friday, May 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    talk about angels walking on the earth!
    i would like to thanks them also for easing ya'lls burden in such a
    powerful way...
    my love to you both and a big hug to your angel.
    susan

     
  • At Friday, May 04, 2007, Blogger Crescent said…

    oh my gosh. That made ME cry! What a wonderful gift and story. It's so easy to lose sight of how many amazingly kind people are in the world with all the bad stuff that shoved in our eyes and ears everyday. Reading this was a great reminder of the good in the world.

     
  • At Friday, May 04, 2007, Blogger Erica said…

    We are so truly blessed!

     
  • At Friday, May 04, 2007, Blogger Dan said…

    Wow, you were so deserving of this gift. My heart has always gone out to you, and this felt like a blip of awesomeness in response to my empathy. I know, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I just wanted to tell you congrats. Your patience and courage deserved this reward.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home