Tricia Dishes

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Wednesday, April 25


You know, it is the little things that happen that make up a day. For instance, last night I was out bringing in the sheaves, I mean, the dogs, checking everything to make sure it was okay, and a young man stopped at the end of my driveway on a bicycle. Now, it was 10:30. He was missing his black lab named Onyx and was asking if I had seen him. I told him no, but I was missing my calico cat, too. We ended up talking for a long time, and it was so enjoyable. The weather was gorgeous - breezy, not too warm, not too cool, and the air smelled like perfume. Scruffy came up and fell at his feet. In fact, I had to move Scruffy out of the road when a truck was heading straight for him!!! Anyway, it was just nice to meet someone new and have a nice conversation. I wish everyone felt that way. He seemed to enjoy talking to me, also. I like nice people!

But as I was locking up the house, I said a little prayer ("I said a little prayer.." Erica will get that!) that yes, she is just a cat, but I really wanted Callie to come home. So, this morning, it was sprinkling, I went to let the dogs out, and here she comes, her little collar bell tinkling, and I grabbed her and hugged her. So, a little thing, but I sure feel better!!! But she still didn't tell me where she had been!!! I hope the young man's dog came home today, too! I want good things to happen to everyone!!!!

Now, on to more important things: I want to say that David is a tiny bit better than yesterday!! He craved Goldie's again last night, so, since I am made of money, I jumped in the car and went and got it for him and he ate every bit of it again. That is such a good thing. We are still skipping chemo tomorrow, because I feel we would be taking a giant leap backwards if he had to endure it, and we are going to continue to try to build him up, put back on a couple of pounds, just get him to feeling better. It is literally hour to hour around here. My three most uttered words now are "I don't know". But I do know that I am glad that Goldie's hasn't moved to their new location yet, and that they are so quick to have take out orders ready! He isn't eating the barbeque part, just sandwiches and fries. Plus, he is really trying to drink the ensures a few times a day, and that will help put some calories in him. So, all in all, so far today, it is a good day. Now, granted, he isn't up yet, but he was mentioning he was getting hungry, and that is encouraging!!! Yay, hunger!!!! Me? I'm always hungry!!

He does need to call the nurse for a troublesome side effect of the Camptosar today, another reason that he doesn't need to have it pumped into him tomorrow. I know that the doctors see this stuff and it looks good on paper, but they don't live with it 24/7 like the patients and caregivers do. Sometimes, we have to make the decisions ourselves. Our doctor has always been very agreeable to that, and I hope that this time it is no exception. And ultimately, I know he wants what is best for David, too.
That's all for now! Have a great day!!

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, April 25, 2007, Anonymous Cheryl said…

    I am so glad that David is feeling better. Hearing y'all talk about that steak sandwich from Goldie's makes me want one. That is why I gained weight while Mom was sick; every time she ate, I ate, and then ate again when it was my feeding time. I am just an old cow anyway! You be careful talking to strangers out of the street at 10:30 at night. Don't be too trusting!

     
  • At Wednesday, April 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey, glad to hear D is feeling better...skipping the chemo is probably a good idea this week. too bad he isn't like me-i gain weight when anyone around me eats!!
    love and prayers to you both!
    s in indiana

     

Post a Comment

<< Home